Parks Division - Oklahoma City, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||1/30/2020 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,000 annually plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: ANNOUNCEMENT #050-20 Ability to communicate and report effectively and to function as part of a team Good problem solving skills. Responsible and dependable behavior, as demonstrated by attending work as scheduled with a good attitude and completing jobs as assigned to meet the specified quality and safety requirements. Completion of high school, some college, vocational or technical training.
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
Construction Carpenter with Concrete Experience
LOCATION: Parks Division, Oklahoma City, OK
* Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• Cover letter and resume must be postmarked by closing date on the job announcement.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
The Construction Carpenter will be part of a team of four individuals responsible for a state-wide, multi-year project to rebuild bathrooms at Oklahoma's State Parks. This multi-disciplined team will do the concrete, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and finishing work to erect and commission park bathrooms from pre-manufactured, modular components.
This position requires concrete working skills such as pouring, floating and finishing floor slabs, and carpentry skills such as framing, sheathing and roofing. The Construction Carpenter must be able to work well on a team and learn on-the-job skills to assist plumbing, electrical and HVAC specialists.
This position will require extensive travel throughout the State of Oklahoma.
• Comply with job quality and safety standards and suggest improvements as opportunities arise.
• Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the start of a project and clean-up jobsite at the end of each day and after the job completes
• Operate various hand tools, power tools, and equipment used to complete carpentry duties; such as a circular saw, table saw, pneumatic nail gun, drills and other tools used for measuring, cutting, fastening, and drilling
• Operate various hand tools required to pour, smooth, float and trowel concrete Prepare layouts and build structures according to plans and procedures
• Assist in plumbing and electrical work as directed by the Leader and team specialists for those building trades
• Help schedule and coordinate work on jobsites as requested by Construction Leader
• Load and unload materials, tools and equipment Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment
• Complete and submit daily reports
Previous construction experience in concrete and carpentry (ideally framing, sheathing and roofing). Experience with other skills such plumbing, electrical and HVAC work a plus.
Ability to communicate and report effectively and to function as part of a team Good problem solving skills.
Responsible and dependable behavior, as demonstrated by attending work as scheduled with a good attitude and completing jobs as assigned to meet the specified quality and safety requirements.
Completion of high school, some college, vocational or technical training.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.