|Date Opened||1/21/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/11/2020 2:48:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
#20-02-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Consumer Assistance Division for an Administrative Clerk II. The salary is $30,800.
Under general supervision, this position provides customer service and assistance to the general public by answering questions related to insurance matters. This position will also provide clerical support as needed to the Director and analysts and provide back-up support to the front desk receptionist. This position requires representation of the Department in a professional, efficient and ethically sound manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes and reviews incoming Request for Assistance forms to ensure no file duplication.
• Answer inbound telephone calls, secures and provides requested information, provides services or directs the request to those who can provide the customer with the information or services.
• Responsible for maintaining and distributing scanned documents to the Consumer Assistance Division.
• Provide technical knowledge and responses to the public regarding various insurance related questions and concerns.
• Perform a variety of clerical duties, including but not limited to, typing, faxing, scanning, and filing.
• Respond to requests concerning the interpretation of state law and rules as well as agency policies and procedures.
• Prepares mail and parcels for mailing, sorts and distributes mail both manually and electronically.
• Responsible for data entry for the Lost Life Policy Locator Requests.
• Responsible for back-up coverage to the Receptionist one day a week.
• Performs other duties as required by the Director of Consumer Assistance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must possess knowledge of telephone etiquette and procedures. Must possess ability to learn and differentiate among various types of insurance information in order to assist the consumers with their concerns; to organize time effectively; to establish and maintain effective relationships with others; to understand the basic functions of other divisions within the department; to handle routine business decisions; and to deal tactfully with the public. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to multitask. Basic Computer skills: ability to effectively navigate through Microsoft Windows products including, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Fluent in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
One year data entry / clerical experience preferred.
Minimum one year of insurance-related experience in either Property and Casualty or Life and Health required, two or more preferred.
Must be willing to complete additional or continuing education for customer service and/or insurance-related topics provided by the Department. MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.