|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $26.46 based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
** Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time before the closing date.**
OSDH is seeking a temporary Registered Nurse II providing support to the Osage County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34003294) in state government, located in Skiatook and Pawhuska, OK. The hourly salary for this position is up to $26.46 based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks that may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. In addition, this job requires, knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to develop, plan, and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office and exam offices. Use of N-95 respirator is required. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|