|Department||Department of Emergency Management|
|Date Opened||12/30/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $50,292.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) is seeking a full time Unclassified Accountant to provide support to the Finance Department. This is an unclassified position in state government.
OEM offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. . The annual salary for this position is up to $50,292.00 based on education and experience.
Position will be open until filled. Please be advised that applications will periodically be considered, as such this position could be filled any time.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in the maintenance, analysis, interpretation and management of financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers and accounts, analysis and presentation of financial data, and preparation of financial statements and expenditure reports, review and approval of various vouchers and invoices for payment, analyzing budget requirements, preparing payroll data, allocation of funds to various accounts or functions, and other similar activities.
Duties include but are not limited too:
• Reviews, analyzes and presents financial data, including revenue projections and expenditure reports, to determine funding requirements.
• Prepares financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data, and other information concerning financial requirements; assists in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of budget work programs.
• Maintains various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; allocates revenues to appropriate functions; classifies expenditures and posts to various accounts as required.
• Reviews and processes expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment; reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations.
• Determines payroll requirements; maintains payroll data; prepares and processes monthly payrolls
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; and of computer technology related to accounting systems.
Ability is required to prepare basic financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of bookkeeping for each year of the required degree.
Final eligibility for this position will be contingent upon review and approval of the applicant’s knowledge, skills and abilities, and education and experience.
Unclassified service represents employment at will.
Employee must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Employment eligibility is contingent on a favorable background check and must be verified through e-Verify.
This position may require response to public emergency situations including, but not limited to, natural disasters and catastrophic events.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|