|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time HR Management Specialist I. This is a classified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position will be assigned responsibility for the completion of a full range of professional level work at the full performance level in completing various human resources management or personnel administration activities, either in a specialized phase of human resources management or in all or several areas of an agency human resources management program. This will include a high degree of independence in completing work assignments and making decisions concerning various human resources management activities.
The specific functions of this position vary, but may include the following:
• Performs human resources management administration activities involving responsibility for the interpretation and application of rules, laws and policies.
• Develops job descriptions, job specifications, organization charts and other materials to describe positions and duties performed by employees; determines appropriate classifications for individual positions.
• Administers the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act: administers leave, FMLA, worker’s compensation, insurance, retirement and other employee benefits programs, or special programs such as career fair, and charitable contributions.
• Collects and analyzes data on personnel selection procedures and methods, based on established psychometric techniques; prepares charts, graphs and other statistical information on examination results, develops tests and other selection devises.
• Performs centralized or agency recruiting activities; prepares recruiting announcements or other information concerning job vacancies; interviews applicants and evaluates application forms; provides job counseling to prospective employees; visits schools, colleges and other sources for recruitment.
• Maintains a system of employee personnel records.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preference may be given to PHR/SPHR-certified individuals.
Valued Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures; of records maintenance; and of business communications. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to understand and apply applicable rules, laws and policies.
• Knowledge of the Merit Rules for Personnel Administration, the Oklahoma Personnel Act, and other applicable laws, rules and standards related to human resource management and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret these rules in various situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Travel may be required.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the management of human resources, the completion of various human resources management activities and personnel actions, and the application of laws, rules and standards related to personnel and payroll administration and human resources management. Some positions are assigned responsibilities in a specialized area of human resources management, such as compensation, classification, recruiting, grievance management, personnel selection, employee benefits, or employee transactions. Other positions may be assigned responsibilities in several or all of these areas, depending on the size and organization of the unit or agency to which assigned.
This job family consists of four levels which are distinguished based on the complexity of assignments, skills required to complete specific assignments, and responsibility for the supervision of others:
At this level, employees perform routine professional level work in completing various personnel management activities and tasks. This may include reviewing personnel actions, evaluating job applications, conducting interviews, counseling employees, preparing certificates of eligibles for various positions, completing job audits, developing selection devices and other activities.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree or four years of technical human resources management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The State Department of Health has been authorized to utilize a Selective Qualification when interviewing applicants for this position.
Three months of PeopleSoft experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on a supplemental questionnaire
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.