|Department||Department of Transportation|
|Date Opened||11/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$82,100.00 - $89,373.00/year|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located in Project Management Division in OKC.
This position is responsible for coordinating all major Eight Year Program construction projects as they move through the project development process. The pre-construction manager/engineer determines project staffing needs and assembles project teams through functional managers. The pre-construction manager/engineer is responsible for initiating, planning, controlling and closing the project. The pre-construction manager/engineer is responsible for maintaining the project scope, schedule, and budget. Pre-construction manages/engineers will have state-wide project management responsibilities including budgetary control over assigned projects.
Major responsibilities also include:
- Coordinating the project team in development of a management plan that defines project schedule, cost, resources, and communication requirements. Project teams are composed of Transportation functional staff, stakeholders, consultants, landowners, FHWA and appropriate government officials.
- Directing the team in development of the detailed project plan (Project and Portfolio Management structure, resource matrix, etc.) as appropriate for each project.
- Coordinates changes to project scope, schedule, and budget. Controls the project budget.
- Serves as the single point of contact for the project on all matters involving scope, schedule, budget, and etc.
- Individually responsible for timely project completion.
- Monitors project performance/progress and takes action to resolve problems and bottlenecks prior to catastrophic failures.
- Provides input to the project team performance.
- Provides detailed reports and/or maps relative to program performance for the Legislature, Senior Staff, Field Division Engineers and other governmental officials.
- Projects assigned to pre-construction managers/engineers are normally complex construction projects that flow through several functional units (Roadway, Bridge, Environmental, Traffic, Right-of-Way, Legal, SAPM, etc.)
The position requires extensive in-state, overnight job-related travel to the location of field divisions, programs, branches, or units of the Department as necessary and in order to be responsive to project management needs. Some out-of-state-related travel will be required to receive training and technical updates.
The position will be required to prepare a variety of reports on project progress, problems, etc. Attends public meetings in the evenings and on week-ends related to projects and departmental services.
The position will require extensive knowledge of Transportation Commission Rules, ODOT operating procedures, industry standards and practices related to design, applicable state and federal regulations related to design, and principles and practices related to complex project management.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) ensures that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any and all programs, services, or activities including all employment practices. To request an accommodation, please contact the ADA/504/508 Coordinator at 405-521-4140 or the Oklahoma Relay Service at 1-800-722-0353.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.