A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Technical Architect for our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position in state government. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities related to overall strategic planning and architecture for developing information systems to meet agency requirements for information technology.
This includes applications, infrastructure, web-based and mobile technologies. Employees will work with agency IT staff, senior management, and others to identify and define long-range information services requirements, develop a plan of approach, determine costs and resources required, and provide leadership for key technology initiatives.
• Conduct analysis of agency information technology requirements related to various types of information technology services, including but not limited to applications, infrastructure, and web-based and mobile technologies
• Review agency plans and confers with staff concerning needs for applications systems, computer networks, database management systems, operating systems and management information systems
• Participate in the development of an information technology plan of approach and prepare standard artifacts to assist in implementation of required systems
• Serve as sponsor on various strategic projects and initiatives in implementing new technologies or integrating systems across agency or technology lines
• Identify and define deviations from planned needs and provide for modifications to meet desired goals
• Develop information technology strategies and technological architecture/framework and plans
• Build enterprise models and standards for information technology architecture and design, procurement of required equipment, systems security, hardware, software and other requirements
• Assist other agencies in developing information technology plans and budgets, conduct cost/benefit analysis and the prepare procurement requests
• Serve on boards, commissions and interagency design and development teams
• Conceptualize and visualize desired state business architectures
• Conceptualize and visualize desired state technical architectures
• Research and analyze business needs to arrive at a strategic direction
• Document findings in a clear and concise manner
• Present to high-level executives using Microsoft PowerPoint and other tools
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include seven (7) years of professional experience in information technology network or information technology system design, installation and/or maintenance of a large-scale information technology or information technology system; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting twelve semester hours of course work in computer science, management information systems, or a related field for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of four years.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.