|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $29,101.67 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy. Duties include, but not limited to: Physical Demands and Work Environment
OSDH is seeking full time Administrative Technician III providing support to Woods County Health Department. This is a classified position (PIN#34001008) in state government, located in Alva OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $29,101.67 based on education and experience.
This position will provide frontline clerical support for programs offered at Woods County Health Department. Duties include light typing; answering phones, scheduling appointments, providing general information to public; maintaining client records, filing and preparing reports, collecting fees and related services.
• Maintains a variety of records such as perpetual inventories of supplies and materials, and statements of expenditures; reconciles departmental records with central records; prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
• Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
• Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
• Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations.
• Enters and retrieves information using personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and un-coded source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
• Examines, checks, verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
• Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides assistance to clients as required.
• All other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel is required
Duties include, but not limited to:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include preparing correspondence, reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities, reviewing and processing applications for permits or licenses, assisting agency customers with inquiries or problems concerning an assigned program area, processing various types of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for payment, and similar duties.
The Administrative Technician job family consists of four levels of work which are distinguished by the complexity of job assignments, the extent of responsibility, and specific duties assigned, the level of expertise required for the completion of assigned tasks, and the responsibility for the supervision of others.
This is the specialist level where employees will independently perform most complex and technical duties, such as preparing presentations through manipulation of data, or preparing documents for audits or special reports. Some responsibility may be assigned for the functional supervision of other employees on a limited basis.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of clerical office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|