|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||11/6/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $52,047.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Wellness System Consultant providing support to Center for Chronic Disease, Prevention, & Health Promotion. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34002609) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $52,047.00 based on education and experience.
This position will serve as a Wellness Systems Consultant for the TSET Wellness projects providing information, training and consultation to TSET grantees statewide to prevent/reduce obesity, chronic disease, tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure. Efforts will utilize evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions and focus on various local organizations.
These functions are performed due to the fact that tobacco use, lack of physical activity, and poor nutrition are leading contributors to illness and early death from chronic diseases. These functions are also performed to build capacity within local programs and state partners to properly achieve health equity.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide outcome-driven technical assistance services on community organizational wellness issues to TSET and its grantees including project planning, research, resource development, information sharing, training development and delivery, and customized consultation services via phone, email and face-to-face.
• Conduct programmatic and strategic planning with grantees in regard to wellness issues and infrastructure development, which includes the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with TSET grantees across Oklahoma in an effort to provide technical assistance and consultation for implementing health policy and programming creating a culture of wellness.
• Provide consultation in the evaluation of the effectiveness of wellness policies and practices; assist in the development of contract related documents and proposals.
• Research and provide consultation on the implementation of evidence based obesity and tobacco use prevention strategies with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity and evaluation.
• Develop and deliver contract reports, presentations and other written materials related to program activities, indicators and outcomes as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in fields related to any of the following: Community Health, Public Health, Nutrition Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Physical Education, Nursing or Public Administration. Also a minimum of two years demonstrated experience in health policy work, coordinating technical assistance, training, consultation, or program management. A minimum of two years demonstrated experience in tobacco, physical activity or nutrition efforts.
This position has preferred qualifications:
Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Education, Wellness Management, Social Work, Behavioral Health, Nutrition, Exercise Science, Public Administration or equivalent and/or demonstrated experience in health policy or related areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of best and/or promising practices in the area of sector-based wellness as it relates to tobacco, physical activity and nutrition; ability to provide outcome-driven technical assistance and consultation to community-based grantees and other partners; good communication skills including an ability to write technical and non-technical informational material; demonstrated ability to build relationships within and outside of the organization; to think critically and to work independently while prioritizing work; project management skills needed for planning and accomplishing goals and objectives; advanced ability to use a personal computer and software including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word, and Project Management programs/software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|