|Date Opened||11/1/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$3,401.08 - $4,087.17 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
How to Apply: On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Shaleen Varner at Shaleen.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located at the Joint Force Headquarters Directorate of Engineering in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
This position may be under filled at a level I or II.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
This position is responsible for managing and analyzing geographical information, and for developing and maintaining the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases with the Real Property Infrastructure of the Oklahoma National Guard.
• Gather and create geospatial data to support the mission of the Oklahoma Army National Guard Directorate of Engineering
• Perform GIS data layer collection using GPS systems in a field environment to collect and gather GPS data for export into GIS data layers
• Use hand measurement techniques, laser range finders, and other survey tools to gather data and accompanying metrics to fill out database table attributes
• Conduct Real Property Inventory Inspections at OKARNG facilities to determine type, quantity and quality of physical infrastructure assets
• Conducts mapping research in the field and in the office to resolve conflicting information and ensure the accuracy of the data; verifies map information and makes changes as deemed appropriate according to needs of the project
• Develop 10% design maps to support new construction of OKARNG infrastructure in coordination with peers, and superiors
• Develop maps depicting landscape conditions, constraints, alternatives analysis, restrictions, operational overlay, safety/regulatory/stewardship, airspace, and critical infrastructure
• Prepares technical presentations using the GIS interface and using graphics software to view and present images
• Creates, maintains and updates databases using GIS, computer aided drafting, and other software; develops and maintains links between various database tables for accurate and complete reporting of physical infrastructure assets
• Manage and maintain PRIDE database, populating it with accurate Real Property data gained via GIS and Real Property Inventory Inspections to support the accurate reporting for sustainment dollars
• Analyzes spatial and attribute data using GIS software, displays data through the use of maps, reports, charts and tables using plotters and printers
• Perform geospatial analysis to support development of 10% design documents facilitating the construction of OKARNG infrastructure, as part of a team
• Manages multi-faceted GIS projects both independently and as a member or a team
• Prepare and archive Real Property acceptance documents and facility information folders
• Prepare Real Property acceptance forms (DD 1354) based on coordination with Plans and Construction, Planning and programing, Resource Management, and Facility Maintenance Branches, as well as GIS data and constructions as-builds
• Archive documentation on construction projects to include costs, into the facility information folder to support auditing requirements, and support documenting the facilities life cycle
• Maintain master voucher registration for Real Property documents to assist in document tracking
• Perform annual occupancy studies to support cost share agreements between different interests within OKARNG
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the symbols and terminology used in geographical information; of digitizing and data manipulation procedures for geographic information systems; of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry; of GIS software and its capabilities; and of database design. Ability is required to gather mapping information in the field using current equipment; to read and use zone maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps, land use maps, single line maps, and aerial maps; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with others.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Requirements consist of a bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems (GIS), geography, geology, cartography, natural resources, computer science, engineering, environmental science or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of technical experience in GIS systems work, for each year of the required education plus two (2) year of technical experience. Military experience is recommended.
Bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems (GIS), geography, geology, cartography, natural resources, computer science, engineering, environmental science or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of technical experience in GIS systems work, for each year of the required education plus one (1) year of technical experience. Military experience is recommended.
Bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems (GIS), geography, geology, cartography, natural resources, computer science, engineering, environmental science or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of technical experience in GIS systems work, for each year of the required education.
• Able to work at a computer for long periods of time.
• Able to navigate rough terrain by walking and/or 4x4 vehicles, utility vehicles, and ATV’s
• Able lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds
• Able to climb stairs and ladders
• Applicant must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions (over 95 degrees and below 20 degrees F)
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• T1 Security Clearance (eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• FLSA Non-Exempt status
• Must maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license
This position is located at the Joint Force Headquarters Directorate of Engineering in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Employment eligibility verified through E-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency check for positions that require computer access.
Travel will be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel claim. Current policy in place allows for the Travel Coordinator to cover airfare and hotel expenses up front.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco product, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all state properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.