|Department||Public Employees Retirement System|
|Date Opened||11/1/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,500 per year. Commensurate with experience and education.|
|Full or Part Time||
For more information and application materials, go to www.opers.ok.gov/jobs
The contact center supervisor is responsible for the operational effectiveness of the contact center and for supervision of the contact center staff. The contact center engages OPERS members and beneficiaries, employers and the public on a variety of agency issues. The contact center is responsible for providing services and assistance to members in person, through inbound calls and by e-mail. The contact center supervisor will assist in establishing contact center objectives, provide team members with opportunities to expand their knowledge of services, products, and resolution techniques, analyze engagement data, and focus on improving performance and processes in an effort to better support members.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and leading contact center representatives as they provide support for members.
• Responsible for the continuous improvement of the contact center including development of training programs for contact center staff, updates to contact center training documents and online training tools.
• Responsible for the development of contact center policies and procedures and ensuring compliance for contact center staff.
• Analyzes data from a variety of sources and develops appropriate metrics to benchmark agency contact center practices. Recommends and implements improvements and efficiencies in the contact center.
• Responsible for preparing administrative and statistical reports on contact center activity and compiling this data into meaningful reports for use by agency staff. Analysis of this data will also include recommending improvements to procedures, processes and technology to increase efficiency and improve services.
• Researches and analyzes requests for information and clarification of laws, policies and procedures and provides responses to inquiries.
• Coordinates with other agency divisions to clarify policies and procedures, determines the status of member requests and other contact center requests, resolves problems, and routes requests for materials, publications or information to appropriate agency personnel for processing or response.
• Develops and maintains a network of state benefit contact information to be used by contact center staff to help staff direct callers to the appropriate agency for information.
• Assists in the review and editing of forms to verify computations, status, and other data.
• Ensures there is an adequate supply of publications, forms, supplies and other materials needed to operate the contact center.
• Serves as a point of escalation for contact center staff and responds to more omplicated inquiries and problems reported in the contact center. Works in collaboration with agency staff to resolve these issues.
• Assist in operational contact center tasks including taking calls and assisting OPERS members, employers, and the public during periods of high-traffic or low staffing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
• Knowledge of contact center management, operations and technology.
• Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics.
• Ability to organize and direct the work of others.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak periods or intense situations.
• Ability to read, comprehend and apply laws, rules, policies and procedures to a variety of circumstances.
• Must be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
• Six years of customer service experience, engaging customers in person, via telephone, and other electronic methods required.
• Two years of experience as a contact center team lead, supervisor, manager, or similar position including training, evaluating staff, and developing operational procedures required.
• Demonstrated experience making continuous improvements in a customer service environment.
• Experience analyzing data and writing reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in management or a related field preferred.
Primarily sitting at a desk with a computer terminal, keyboard, and telephone; entering data using the keyboard; communicating with people in person, on the telephone, online, and through written correspondence; using a calculator, copier, and fax machine; occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing 25 pounds or less.
• Adapts communication to diverse audiences
• Delivers quality oral presentations
• Manages meetings effectively
• Uses effective listening skills
• Writes clearly and concisely
• Practices two-way open, direct and honest communication
• Is open to feedback from staff, peers, and supervisors
• Regularly engages in brainstorming and other means to generate creative new solutions and approaches to customer issues and business processes
• Documents processes and collects performance measurement data to determine where improvements can be made
• Makes use of quality tools to improve processes
Innovation and Change Management
• Fosters environment of innovation and change
• Identifies appropriate change strategies
• Effectively uses performance measures and data to identify opportunities and measure process improvement
• Recognizes the scope of problems and understands the impact of changes on others
• Guides staff through fundamental change
• Learns from failure
• Understands the vision, mission, functions, business strategies, and structure of the organization
• Proactively expands his/her knowledge of what is going on in other parts of the organization
• Supports and provides input to the development of organizational objectives and plans
• Coaches and mentors; inspires and motivates
• Delegates responsibility with associated authority
• Promotes a cooperative work environment
• Sets clear, reasonable expectations and follows through
• Gains support and buy-in through participation of others
• Fosters team cooperation, builds trust among team members and creates a commitment to team goals
Project/Program Management/Operational Excellence
• Understands customer needs and ensures and measures customer satisfaction
• Uses effective techniques to define outcomes and expectations
• Focuses on outcomes and achieves results
• Uses resources efficiently and manages effectively within budget limits
• Responds effectively to unforeseen problems
• Ensures quality and quantity standards are met
• Supports and focuses on the vision, mission, and goals of the organization and team
• Recognizes the contribution of others
• Views the success of the organization and team as more important than individual achievement
• Supports teamwork and cooperation through open and honest communication
• Supports creativity in others
• Actively seeks out different viewpoints and leverages the benefits of different perspectives
• Proficient in technologies used for contact centers and customer service
• Models and supports excellent Interpersonal and engagement skills with customers and staff
• Designs contact center operational model
• Practices and encourages effective communication
• Designs contact center process which incorporate attention to detail
• Understanding of customers’ objectives and needs
• Accessible, timely and responsive in all customer interactions
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers; develops trust and credibility
• Anticipates customer needs and quickly responds with appropriate and helpful solutions
• Applies creativity to find new ways to resolve differences fairly
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.