|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/31/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $60,750 based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Quality Testing Lead. This is a full time unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive .
Positions are assigned responsibilities involving the implementation and maintenance of quality assurance and quality control of a variety of technical services related to providing information services and support for management information systems within a state agency or institution.
The primary responsibility of this position will be the Quality Testing Lead for the Oklahoma Benefits (OK Benefits) project. The OK Benefits project will replace the legacy systems used by the Department of Human Services divisions of Child Support, Child Welfare, and Adult & Family Services. The project is an effort to bring modern technology and functionality to these health and human services programs.
• Oversee all aspects of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC), and Testing including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met for the project.
• Consult with IT business analysts to elicit requirements specific enough to be verifiable.
• Works with staff to build quality into the design and development of required systems
• Define testing strategies for all phases of the project to determine if the installed products meet identified requirements.
• Coordinate all testing activities including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Oklahoma Information Technology Accessibility (OITA) testing.
• Responsible for the tracking of all testing activities, testing progress, testing results, defect identification, and defect status.
• Provide reports on testing progress, test results, defect identification, defect status, and other relevant information to project leadership, project manager, and project teams.
• Verify adherence to project mandated processes and procedures related to Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC).
• Contribute to business process mapping, as well as process and service improvements where possible.
• Participate in long-range planning as requested to evaluate costs, availability, alternatives and other factors.
• Make recommendations in reducing or mitigating project risks affecting service quality.
Valued Skills and Experience
• Prior experience in leading QA/QC and Testing efforts in a large IT project.
• Experience developing and managing test plans for large IT projects.
• Experience in tracking software defects including summary reports and escalation processes.
• Detail oriented and organized, able to track multiple aspects of a project simultaneously.
• Knowledgeable of multiple stages of testing required during an IT project lifecycle including both Waterfall and Agile.
• Good interpersonal verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer and telephone for a large percentage of the work day. This position requires long periods, up to eight hours per day, of sitting and working at a desk. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
Education and Experience
Include 60 semester hours toward a degree and an additional four years of qualifying experience in performing work in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in Information Technology for each year of the required education.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|