|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/29/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/8/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 an hour based on education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a part time Wellness Promotion Specialist. This is a temporary unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. The hourly salary for this position is up to $11.00 an hour based on education and experience.
Thrive, the State of Oklahoma’s employee well-being program, is part of Employees Benefits Department of Human Capital Management (HCM) in the OMES. Our program serves up to 31,000 people employed by State Agencies in various locations across Oklahoma. It is the responsibility of our team to empower employees with education, resources, and programs to improve and enhance employee well-being.
The Wellness Promotion Specialist supports Thrive initiatives through education, social media and marketing, and outreach. In this role, incumbents will work closely with Programs Coordinators to aide in the development of communication and education materials to promote wellness for State of Oklahoma employees.
• Assist in planning and evaluating current wellbeing campaigns and programs.
• Attend trainings and workshops to enhance professional skills through HCM’s Learning & Development Program.
• Network and collaborate with other agencies and professional organizations such as Oklahoma Public Health Association and American Heart Association.
• Create “lunch and learn” workshops to be presented at a state agency. Thrive is responsible for creating and teaching a number of classes for HCM’s Learning and Development Program and this position will assist program coordinators in class preparation and will possibly teach a short segment.
• Create content for Thrive’s website, social media, and newsletter.
• Assist in planning and coordinating Health Events.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Applicants currently pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
Valued Skills and Experience
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree or who are attending or have completed graduate school may receive preference.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Office environment 90%
• Travel required 10% or less
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.