|Department||Department of Environmental Quality|
|Date Opened||10/29/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Located in Air Quality Division; Existing Source Permits Section
This position may be filled as a Level I, II, III, or IV. Applicants MUST apply for all levels for which they qualify in order to be considered for that level. Each level has its own recruitment announcement posted simultaneously with this announcement.
Major Job Duties:
1. Become familiar with Oklahoma Air Quality Regulations (OAC 252:100), the Oklahoma Clean Air Act, federal rules and regulations, division and agency administrative procedures.
2. Use basic engineering principles and techniques to review all assigned permit applications and in a timely manner issue permits and applicability determinations consistent with State and Federal rules and regulations.
3. Perform inspections of facility equipment for compliance in the issuance of operating permits. Inspections may require climbing ladders and/or stacks or working in close proximity to industrial equipment.
4. Maintain accurate and timely records in the Division database for all site visits for compliance inspections and performance test, stack test, and RATA observations.
5. As directed by the Permit Unit Engineering Manager and/or Chief Engineer, plan and implement special assignments/projects which support the mission of the Permit Section.
6. Successfully complete training courses as assigned by the supervising Engineering Manager or Chief Engineer.
7. Support data/record management through the use of databases and agency software.
All interested applicants must submit their resume and transcript at the time of application.
An EEO Employer.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibility for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to state agencies, consultants, and the public. Incumbents accomplish this by performing engineering tasks and by reviewing and evaluating the work of consultants, contractors and facility operators, under the supervision of a professional engineer.
The Engineer Intern job family has five levels that are distinguished based on the complexity of the engineering assignment and the level of expertise required by a specific position.
Incumbents in this level are experienced engineering interns who perform advanced technical engineering duties in support of a program or project. This level provides advice and guidance as opposed to directing engineering activities. The complexity of projects assigned, responsibility assumed and degree of supervision necessary will change as the individual advances through this level.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of registration as an Engineer Intern and one year experience in the practice of engineering; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting the completion of a master’s degree in engineering for the required one year of experience in the practice of engineering.
Positions requires operating a personal computer several hours a day.
On occasion, it may be necessary to walk long distances over a variety of terrain such as loose gravel, slopes, excavated areas, climb ladders or stairs, spend long hours on your feet and working in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to sit behind the wheel of a vehicle for several hours a day.
Persons with out-of-state registration as an Engineer Intern must transfer their registration with the State of Oklahoma through the Oklahoma State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors no later than six months from the date of appointment. Persons will not be granted permanent classified status without a valid Oklahoma registration as an Engineer Intern.
All interested applicants must upload a copy of their resume and transcript to their application submission.
Scores based on: 100% Qualification Review.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.