Sequoyah State Park, Hulbert, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||10/11/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,760.00 - Annually plus benefits|
|Full or Part Time||
HOW TO APPLY: ANNOUNCEMENT #038-20 TO BE CONSIDERED: GROUNDSKEEPER III (5159) EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED: OTHER JOB CONDITIONS:
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter* during the announcement period listed above to:
ATTN: HR Recruiter
900 N Stiles Ave, Ste. 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104-3234
**Review of documents will begin immediately**
LOCATION: Sequoyah State Park, Hulbert, OK
SALARY: $26,760.00 - Annually plus benefits.
* Cover Letter must include an accurate address and telephone number, as well as the title of the position for which you are applying.
• Any individual may apply for an unclassified posting.
• Employment Application must be postmarked by the closing date of announcement.
• OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Under immediate to general supervision, performs gardening, tree and lawn care and/or greenhouse work.
• Supervises, as working leader, crew(s) engaged in landscape activities, such as the laying out, planting and maintenance of lawns, flower beds, shrubs, and trees.
• Maintains necessary records of time, materials, supplies, and work performed.
• Fertilizes and apples insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides for pest control on trees, lawns, gardens, and/or greenhouse plants.
• Loads and transports soil fertilizers; cultivates and weeds soil for gardens or lawns; levels and seeds new lawns.
• Mows and trims grass with hand and power mowers; operates trucks and tractors; services and makes minor repairs to equipment.
• Seeds, sods, or plants green and grounds; maintains traps, hazards and roughs.
• Supervises and participated in the fertilizing, planting, and cutting of grass and turf.
• Schedules the application of water to greens, tee boxes and fairways.
• Instructs laborers in gardening, lawn care and /or greenhouse work.
• May also perform greenhouse duties as required: plants seeds in flats, transplants seedlings; sterilizes and changes soil in greenhouse beds; cuts, arranges, and delivers flowers and pitter plants for institutional buildings and offices.
• Performs relater work as required and assigned.
• Operates large mowers, equipment, and vehicles associated with grounds maintenance and landscape activities.
• Shovels and removes snow and ice from designated areas; such as sidewalks, roads, entryways, as required.
• Installs and removes outdoor signs, parking traffic control banners, and overhead banners as required.
• Trim and removes trees.
• Ability to use a variety of hand tools, and powered equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of lawn care and gardening methods; such as planting, pruning, and spraying; of the use of machines, tools, and materials in lawn care and gardening; of greenhouse and nursery techniques; of the care of turf; and of the various plant diseases and their control.
• Skill in operation equipment, tools, and materials used in plant and lawn care; and in following oral and written control.
• Ability to work independently and stay on task without close supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) years of experience in gardening, lawn care or greenhouse work; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Grounds keepers work in all kinds of weather and spend most of their day on their feet digging, raking, and/or doing demanding physical labor.
ANNOUNCEMENT #038-20 TO BE CONSIDERED:
TO BE CONSIDERED:
GROUNDSKEEPER III (5159)
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
OTHER JOB CONDITIONS:
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.