|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/11/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $24,594.50 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking full time Housekeeping/Custodial Worker II providing support to Beckham County Health Department. This is a classified position (PIN#34003415) in state government, located in Elk City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $24,594.50 based on education and experience.
This position will be assigned responsibilities related to the upkeep of exam rooms, buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
• Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
• Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be required outdoors in all weather conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is frequently required to talk, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stand or walk long periods of time, and use hands to handle, control, feel objects or tools. Applicant will be able to push and pull a maximum force of 40 pounds and able to lift and hold overhead up to 40 pounds. Applicants be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
This position does travel.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of a state institution, public building, or state lodge or in the supervision or management of employees performing these duties.
The Housekeeping/Custodial Worker job family consists of four levels that are distinguished based on the duties assigned, the expertise required to perform assigned work, and the responsibility assigned for providing supervision to others.
This is the entry level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
Level I :
Education and Experiencerequirements at this level consist of none.
Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 40 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Non-Competitive
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.