|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||10/10/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Please send resume and cover letter referencing the announcement number and job title (2020-09.3 COCMHC Family Advocate II, SOC) to:
This position is located in Norman, Oklahoma.
Family Advocate II, Systems of Care
Take the first step toward a life-changing career and join us at the Central Oklahoma Community Mental Health Center (COCMHC)! They are recruiting for a Family Advocate to provide emotional support and advocacy for children, adolescents, young adults and their families involved in the Children’s Health Home/Systems of Care. The person selected will provide outreach to new referrals and education about resources in the community.
- High school diploma plus 30 hours of college or university study.
- Have direct experience as the parent or guardian to a child who was involved in services, either mental health services or substance abuse services or have been involved with child welfare or other service agencies.
- The ideal candidate should have experience having full responsibility for the child, including living with them, ensuring they made it to appointments, ensuring education and other needs were met.
- Applicants must also submit a cover letter explaining in detail their overall qualifications and how they meet the requirements for this position.
• Generous benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible Spending Account
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. EOE
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.