|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Salary: $3,588.00 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
OPERATIONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Positions in this job are assigned responsibilities involving the coordination of a variety of administrative support or technical services to support for the management information system for Oklahoma Correctional Industries (OCI).
• Confers with users or reviews requests for services or other information to identify requirements for information services; coordinates with operations or applications staff, contractors, or vendors as needed to provide required services or support.
• Coordinates requirements for testing, production, scheduling and other actions between technical and operations units; assists in reviewing and analyzing problems and determining solutions.
• Obtains various types of information and reports using existing programs and systems; consults with appropriate operations or applications staff to identify needs for reports or other production requirements; provides assistance in identifying available services and providing coordination between users and information services staff.
• Maintains an inventory of management information services equipment, supplies and materials; reviews technical publications/user requirements and other information to identify new technology and improvements in hardware or software; makes ecommendations concerning new purchases, changes in contracts or other actions; prepares and coordinates purchase orders, contracts and other documents as required.
• Provides training and assistance to users on various types of software and hardware; coordinates with technical staff when problems require additional analysis or assistance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of computer operating systems and related equipment; of technical terminology; and of modern office practices related to the use of management information systems. Ability to gather, organize and present data; to communicate effectively; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to translate user terminology to and from management information systems terminology. Perform highly independent work in providing required services and support to users in meeting various information services requirements.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of experience in computer operations, production scheduling, network administration, the coordination of information systems services, or closely related work for each year of the required education.
Some positions may require training or experience in a specific type of computer operating system or network.
Job Code: 4144 DOC Pay Grade: 7 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 5/15/2019
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.