The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Network Engineer. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This is the engineer level where employees are assigned responsibility for engineering solutions and design for the State of Oklahoma. This includes responsibility for network and architecture design.
• Plan, develop, and implement wireless, telephone, data or other telecommunications or information technology programs and networks for the State
• Perform professional and technical work in providing data and/or voice network services for the State; establish and maintain networks and systems, perform preventive maintenance, evaluate systems performance, respond to malfunctions and operating problems, and identify and resolve causes
• Install, test, and modify data networks, voice networks, wireless networks, and other communication components; coordinate and perform systems tests; adjust, calibrate and modify equipment or components to conform to specifications, implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance
• Coordinate requirements with technical staff, contractors, vendors, or others as needed to develop a plan of approach and provide for implementation of required tasks and activities
• Represent the agency or State at national, professional, or other meetings or functions concerning data or voice network requirements and activities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical demands include ability to bend, crouch, stoop, sit and or/ lift objects weighing 50 pounds or more. The position uses manual equipment, including dollies and carts. Some extended hours including evenings and weekends may be required.
Requirements include 4 years of experience in network engineering involving the installation, operation, repair or maintenance of a voice or data network; completion of a technical school or vendor training in the area of Computer Operations/Networking Technology; a professional certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, and CompTIA Network+; OR a combination of experience and education with emphasis on computer science/engineering or MIS, substituting 12 credit hours with emphasis on computer science/engineering or MIS for one year of experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
Experience with Aruba wireless and wireless network security administration.
Experience in Layer 3 Routing protocol configurations: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS
Experience in Layer 2 Routing protocol configurations: ATM/FRAME RELAY, IP services such as QoS and VPN technologies
Experience implementing MPLS services, strong knowledge of HSRP, VRRP Redundancy Protocols in high availability environment.
Experience with Network Management Tools and packet analysis tools.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.