|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $37,807.12 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time OSIIS Data Specialist providing support to Immunization Services with the Oklahoma Health Department. This is a grant funded unclassified position (PIN#34003271) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $37,807.12 based on education and experience.
This position will serve as an Immunization Information System (IIS) Program Data Specialist, providing public health knowledge to tasks as they relate to the Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS). Position will ensure the program’s needs have been translated properly into OSIIS and are in compliance to the CDC’s IIS Functional Standards
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Have a working understanding of program requirements and test various components through OSIIS, conduct data cleansing activities, conduct and document functional user acceptance testing, work with data owners to assess data quality, and assist in gathering information for annual reports.
• Evaluate information systems and perform necessary changes to existing information resources to ensure comprehensive, valid, and reliable data are available for program research and the information is in compliance with nationally-recognized data standards. Review HL7 messages and reports for accuracy and properly decrementing inventory as sites come into Production.
• Review changes and data as it comes back into OSIIS from AMCI. Assist with data quality clean-up projects, such as: Using MVP SQL views for de-duplication and the death flag, reviewing users and sites in OSIIS so only good data is transitioned to Envision and improve and implement processes for data quality. Review AART reports to ensure that messages are being received and sent correctly to improve scores. Work with IT personnel to correct any issues.
• Assist OSIIS Outreach Training Coordinator in researching and defining the patient active/inactive status for use with OSIIS and reporting, gathering information and developing activities and goals for annual reports, and by providing back-up for the Envision transition project.
• Address data requests as they are received and determine where/how to route the requests (open records request, data review committee, etc.); follow up to ensure that requests are answered in a timely manner.
• Attend Meaningful Use meetings to become more familiar with the onboarding process and better understand HL7 messaging and other training, webinars, and meetings, as assigned by the OSIIS Outreach Training Coordinator
• Assist with the reception desk duties and additional duties that may be assigned as needed.
• This position will work both independently and as a team member.
Education and Experience
Minimum qualifications for this position will consist of four years of experience in a health-related field that included data management and collaboration with federal and/or state programs; or an Associate’s degree in Health Science, Computer Science, or a closely related field, and at least two (2) years of experience in the above mentioned areas; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge: Applicable federal and state laws, statutes, and policies regarding health information, security, privacy, and management of confidential data; statistical and business analysis; Business operations, methods, and practices; database use and management; and data collection and use methodologies.
• Skills: Provide technical assistance to system users and community partners; communicate complex technical information to a wide range of non-technical audiences or constituencies; Interpret and evaluate information to analyze, summarize, and prepare reports; and strong oral and written communication skills.
• Abilities: Plan, organize, and prioritize projects, time, and workload assignments; evaluate information and make recommendations about approaches, methods, and practices to meet agency and departmental goals; engage with diverse audiences and multiple stakeholders; assess stakeholder and end user information needs; support implementation of information system development under the direction of the OSIIS Manager; implement solutions that ensure confidentiality, security, and data integrity; communicate complex information effectively both verbally and in writing; provide technical assistance to achieve statewide program goals and objectives; and collaborate across agencies and programs to meet shared goals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Occasional travel required.
REQUIREMENTS: CLICK HERE
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|