|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/5/2019 3:01:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $55,453.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Registered Nurse III providing support to Texas County Health Department. This is an unclassified position, #34002466, in state government, located in Guymon, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $55,453.00 based on education and experience.
Provide direct preventative clinical services, assessing the health status of individuals, families and populations, and providing nurse case management and health education as necessary.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide professional nursing services to clients in a variety of settings for Texas County Health Department.
• Employees at this level will have complex assignments and substantial degree of responsibility and independence in planning, organizing and completing work.
• The services include child health, family planning, and general communicable disease and sexually transmitted disease clinics.
• Participate in community health education programs and provide direction to nursing staff, patient care assistants and clinical support staff.
• Promote major health issues including: tobacco cessation, preventing communicable diseases through immunization, sexual transmitted disease education, obesity awareness and pregnancy prevention.
• Respond when necessary to public health emergencies including, but not limited to, natural disasters, disease outbreaks, or catastrophic events.
• Ensure security of medical records and patient confidentiality. Position supervises 1 LPN, 2 RN's and 2 PCA's
Education and Experience
Possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and two year of professional nursing experience, OR a bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma License as Registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or Registered Nurse License recognized by the enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and two year professional nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; functions of various clinical departments; of health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards and of nursing policies and procedures. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients; families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care; to develop, plan and implement an effective nursing care program and to provide education and training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
Position requires job related travel.
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.