|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $40,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking two full time Licensed Practical Nurses providing support to Payne County Health Department. These are unclassified positions (PIN #34003499 and #34003500) in state government, located in Stillwater, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $40,000.00 based on education and experience.
Responsible for performing a full range of nursing assignments as a Licensed Practical Nurse as well as performance of nursing tasks in providing care to the community patients and clients. Responsibilities will include providing guidance and training to others in completing routine nursing task and activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills and licensure.
• Provide contraceptive education and pregnancy testing.
• Performing WIC assessments on women, infant and children who are eligible.
• Obtaining height and weight checks, hemoglobin testing, and lead testing.
• Educate parents on feeding habits for newborn babies and children to five years of age.
• Educate pregnant women and moms on breastfeeding.
• Issues breast pumps and instruct on how to use the pump and storage/handling of breast milk.
• Educate on the proper storage, mixing and handling of formula.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles.
• Assess immunizations records and give required immunizations to infant, children and adults.
• Provide patient education on vaccines and possible side effects.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
• Head checks for lice on children and adults.
• Provide education for lice treatment and prevention.
• Community outreach involves going to various sites, events and functions 1-2 times per year in the community to provide services and education on the services provided by the county health department for the community.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
Education and Experience:
Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of practical nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Demonstrated ability to provide nursing care to patients or clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time. Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.