|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $47,800.83 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Local Emergency Response Coordinator providing support to the Wagoner County Health Department. This is an unclassified grant funded position (PIN#34002467) in state government, located in Wagoner, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $47,800.83 based on education and experience.
This position coordinates emergency public response service activities at the county and community level, responds to public emergencies, lead the development and maintenance of community level coalitions (Local Emergency Planning Coalition, Mass Immunization/Prophylaxis Strategy (MIPS), Local Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps chapters, local medical system partners, etc.). Additionally, the position coordinates with the County Emergency Operations Managers within the administrative regions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders (local, county-wide, and state-wide) and community partners for involvement in emergency management activities.
• Respond to emergencies: Coordinate the CHD response to public health emergencies.
• Organize activities related to the development and maintenance of county Emergency Response Plans (these include Mass Immunization/Prophylaxis Strategy (MIPS), Pandemic Flu, Emergency Response Plans and Continuity of Operation Plans).
• Prepare for CDC site visits to inspect and score county MIPS plans. Must organize all partner cooperation, planning, training and documentation.
• Participate in local preparedness exercises and drills. Includes: organizing and facilitating planning meetings for staff and stakeholder organizations.
• Represent the CHD at emergency-management related coalitions.
• Maintain local Incident Command System and preparedness-related training records.
• Act as Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) Coordinator for each county. Coordinate trainings, recruitment activities, meetings, response activations.
• Maintaining local contact lists, calling trees, and call down rosters of staff and partner agencies.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a health science, communications, or business related field plus one year of emergency management experience; or a combination of education and experience; or a master's degree in public health, planning, community health, emergency management, or closely related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding emergency services, disaster response, recovery, and mitigatin; planning, development, implementation, and assessment of emergency management programs and response strategies relative to natural and manmade disasters. Ability to coordinate various emergency preparedness and response activities across organizational lines; communicate effectively orally and in writing; train others in emergency response procedures and develop and conduct simulated drills and exercises; work under considerable pressure and stress in emergency situations; identify and recommend appropriate solutions to problems (decision making); and promote, establish, and maintain effective working relations with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be performed in the community with exposure to varying conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights and weekends.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
REQUIREMENTS: CLICK HERE
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|