|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||10/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18/hour up to 20 hours/week|
|Full or Part Time||
TEMPORARY TROOPS TO TEACHERS COORDINATOR
Office of Troops to Teachers, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City, OK
Under the direct supervision of the Director for Troops to Teachers, the Coordinator will perform administrative and confidential administrative work. Assist with all travel related materials and processes. Initiate program related purchasing procedures, creating all procurement and related expense items. Maintain social media accounts and website. Maintain and organize files as needed. Create and maintain data collection technology and procedures in support of Troops.
The Temporary Troops to Teachers Coordinator position is funded through a grant that is subject to renewal. The current grant will expire on May 14, 2023.
• Four years of clerical work experience;
• Proof of high school graduation required.
One year of college, business school or business/office-related vocational education may be substituted for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of two years [official transcript(s) required].
• Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, arithmetic and business English; of standard office record keeping;
• Skill in typing accurately; in following instructions; in dealing effectively with matters not requiring higher level attention in accordance with agency policy;
• Project management skills including planning, organizing, coordinating and prioritizing;
• Skill in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, desktop publishing software, and other relevant software and the ability to learn other relevant software and online platforms;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to establish effective working relations with other employees and the public; to exercise tact, courtesy and initiative;
• Considerable knowledge of the procedures and techniques of business communications; of business English and of modern office management principles, methods and procedures; of administrative survey techniques and skill in their applications; some knowledge of statistical and research methods;
• Knowledge of technology and ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Read and distribute mail addressed to supervisor; compose official correspondence for supervisor’s signature; dispose of routine correspondence from own knowledge of agency rules, laws, policies, and procedures; anticipate supervisor’s needs by furnishing materials required for official reply to correspondence and other official acts;
• Receive and screen callers and visitors; provide needed information; resolve problems, or route callers or visitors to appropriate official for action;
• Arrange for special conferences and meetings; maintain supervisor’s calendar, advising of commitments; arrange for travel, itinerary and accommodations; prepare and submit travel claims;
• Independently research, locate, assemble, collate, edit, and summarize materials, information, and data for administrative, board, or commission consideration or action; may take and transcribe dictation of confidential or difficult technical or legal material requiring a high degree of accuracy; record and transcribe proceedings of meetings and conferences;
• Coordinates office contracts, purchasing, requisitions, supplies, inventories, library materials and general office management needs, may maintain simple accounts or itemizations;
• Maintain written controls of material received, routed, assigned, or disposed of in the division; maintain files of correspondence, reports, instructions, guidelines, and similar materials requiring rapid retrieval and presentation;
• Maintain inventories of supplies, equipment and materials; requisition same; may maintain simple budgets or accounts;
• Perform related work as required and assigned;
• Design and maintain social media and email marketing campaigns and deliverables;
• Coordinates the digital collection of data and other information and provides reports and analysis.
General office setting in an open area of the office suite.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
No Travel is required.
HOURLY SALARY: $18/hour up to 20 hours/week
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|