|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/4/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $47,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking full time License Trainer providing support to Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA). This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $47,000.00 based on education and experience.
Position Responsibilities / Essential functions
- Build upon current training manual to ensure compliance with mandates and improve efficiencies;
o Current Procedure Manual should be updated to reflect new rules, legislation, laws, or improvement strategies
- Develop training materials that offer different types of learning tools to new and existing staff;
- Offer ongoing training to veteran staff to assure compliance with updated legislation, laws, and regulations;
- Create mechanism for feedback and identify creative solutions;
- Oversee new employee training and test to release in system to include all areas:
o Patient License
o Caregiver License
o Call Center
FAQs and talking points
- Assist with the development and implementation of Quality Assurance compliance and incentive programs;
- Coordinate with the management team for the weekly monitoring and audit process;
- Identify data quality indicators and monitor progress;
- Identify appropriate management reports, run reports and review results;
- This position will be responsible for maintaining training records for individuals receiving training. Information will be entered into a newly developed training database;
- This position will be responsible to attend/participate in all mandatory staff meetings and in-service training and will assist with planning meeting agenda items and conduct presentations as needed for .these meetings and in-services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in instructional design/training, public relations, communications, public administration, public health or related field or equivalent years of professional experience, and 2 years of professional experience.
Master’s Degree in instructional design/training, public relations, communications, public administration, or public health.
Valued Skills and Experience
Knowledge – of medical marijuana licensing program, operational procedure adherence, rules pertaining to state laws and mandates, Lean Six Sigma certification, IT licensing platforms and customer service using multiple communication techniques. Administrative principles and practices, including data analysis, ad hoc research, program management and business administration also a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Office environment, Computer based software solutions.
REQUIREMENTS: a) The individual has a direct or indirect interest in a licensed medical marijuana business; or b) The individual or his or her spouse, parent, child, spouse of a child, sibling, or spouse of a sibling has an application for a medical marijuana business license pending before the Department or is a member of the board of directors of a medical marijuana business, or is an individual financially interested in any licensee or medical marijuana business. CLICK HERE
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The OSDH in conjunction with Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority - OMMA shall not employ an individual if any of the following circumstances exist:
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
a) The individual has a direct or indirect interest in a licensed medical marijuana business; or
b) The individual or his or her spouse, parent, child, spouse of a child, sibling, or spouse of a sibling has an application for a medical marijuana business license pending before the Department or is a member of the board of directors of a medical marijuana business, or is an individual financially interested in any licensee or medical marijuana business.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.