|Department||Water Resources Board|
|Date Opened||10/4/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma Water Resources Board (OWRB) is seeking to hire a full time employee to work in the OWRB’s Financial Assistance Division. Selected applicant will work within the Engineering Section.
Specific Location of Work:
Oklahoma Water Resources Board
3800 North Classen Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Description of Work Duties:
This position involves performing various activities in support of the water and wastewater infrastructure loan and grant programs.
Examples of duties that will be performed include, but are not limited to:
1. Reviews/Approves planning documents, including Engineering Reports, Infiltration/Inflow Analysis (I/I), & Sewer System Evaluation Survey (SSES), etc.of Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF), and Bond loan projects for compliance with the Board's respective program requirements.
2. Reviews/Approves engineering documents including but not limited to plans and specifications, addendums and change orders.
3. Develops Project/System Descriptions for CWSRF and Bond Loan projects as well as system descriptions for Drinking Water State Revolving Fund projects. Coordinate review/approval for engineering reports with Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ). Coordinates review/approval for all planning documents with OWRB environmental specialists.
4. Reviews/Approves bidding and contract documents.
5. Construction management including inspections and processing of disbursement requests.
6. Customer assistance to public officials, board members, owners, consulting engineers and citizens both personally and over the phone; gathers follow-up information required to develop projects; represents that agency at public meetings and makes presentations on agency programs.
7. Assists with GIS mapping programs as needed.
8. Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position the individual must have an engineering degree, with knowledge of water and wastewater infrastructure or closely related field.
Knowledge of Microsoft© Based programs is required. Most documents will be reviewed electronically.
Overnight travel is occasionally required. Light to moderate physical exertion will be required.
For additional information on job duties please contact Bryce Callies at (405) 530-8800.
OWRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibility for providing engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance to state agencies, consultants, and the public. Incumbents accomplish this by performing engineering tasks and by reviewing and evaluating the work of consultants, contractors and facility operators, under the supervision of a professional engineer.
The Engineer Intern job family has five levels that are distinguished based on the complexity of the engineering assignment and the level of expertise required by a specific position.
Incumbents in this level are engineering interns who perform technical engineering duties in support of a program or project. This level is generally limited to providing advice and guidance as opposed to directing engineering activities. The complexity of projects assigned, responsibility assumed and degree of supervision necessary will change as the individual advances through this level.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of registration as an Engineer Intern.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.