|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||10/2/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Program Services/Mack Alford Correctional Center - SAT Program
Salary: $4,175.67 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Positions in this job are responsible for the coordination, management, and delivery of substance abuse services to participating inmates.
• Responsible for the implementation, management, and evaluation of a substance abuse program; assesses needs, resources, and activities of the program and ensures professional practices and principles are incorporated.
• Provides direct delivery of substance abuse treatment services to inmates; ensures continuity of services to inmates in the substance abuse program.
• Maintains tracking systems to evaluate program effectiveness; monitors substance abuse treatment contracts.
• Serves as a program liaison with internal and external customers as needed.
• Supervises assigned staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of substance abuse treatment principles and programs; of principles and techniques of chemical dependency treatment; of case management and assessment; and of administration and supervisory techniques. Ability to plan and administer a substance abuse program; to develop and apply treatment plans; to evaluate and assess program effectiveness; to establish and maintain effective working relationships;and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling, public health or closely related field and/or three (3) years experience as a substance abuse or chemical dependency rehabilitation counselor.
Education and experience as noted above and CACD certification (Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor).
Job Code: 6462 DOC Pay Grade: 9 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 08-16-19
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.