|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/1/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $72,942.31 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy. Position Description: Duties include, but are not limited to: Education and Experience: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment:
OSDH is seeking a full time Nurse Manager providing support to Comanche, Caddo, Cotton, Custer, and Kiowa County Health Departments. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34003490) in state government, located in Lawton, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $72,942.31 based on education and experience.
Position is responsible for the supervision and management of clinic staff and services for the Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Custer and Kiowa County Health Departments providing direct or indirect health services. This includes ensuring policies are enforced, resources are available to staff, and quality assurance is maintained.
• Provide supervision, leadership and management to assigned staff.
• Assist in the acquisition of signatures on all local and OSDH physician approved protocols.
• Ensure appropriate orientation to public health.
• Complete performance evaluations at specified intervals.
• Communicate with all nursing staff regarding concerns, clinic needs, and program updates.
• Allocate resources for effective and efficient use of staff and supplies.
• Evaluate the quality of nursing care and documentation, through chart/observational audits at least quarterly.
• Prepare for and respond to program site visits as required, including corrective action response if indicated and review with staff involved.
• Assist with the development and revision of policies, procedures, and manuals.
• Ensure completion of required annual trainings, including annual review of physician approved protocols. Oversee and identify opportunities for continuing education and/or program trainings.
• Oversee that all professional staff maintain current licensure.
• Oversee the maintenance of Employee Health Records in each county, either by self or assigned designee.
• Participate in community initiatives to improve overall health
Requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, or Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and six years of professional nursing experience, three years of which must have been in a managerial or consultative capacity or providing consultation and educational services in a specialized field or program, or a master’s degree and three year of professional nursing experience in in a managerial or consultative capacity.
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of expense control, and purchasing procedures; of the philosophy and objectives of the nursing department; and of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Ability is required to direct, motivate and evaluate staff; to plan and implement programs; to develop controls to monitor effectiveness of programs; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Demonstrated ability to plan and implement an effective health care program. Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to the services provided or the programs offered. Ability is required to interpret, analyze, and resolve highly complex administrative and personnel problems, and to direct and coordinate the activities of multiple work units and divisions engaged in a broad range of functions. Ability is required to develop an effective training and orientation program for Nurse Manager I.
This position is set in an office environment however, frequent travel to county health departments and the central office is required. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
REQUIREMENTS: No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.