|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||10/1/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,000 - $40,000 depending on experience|
|Full or Part Time||
Office of Administrative Services, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City, OK
Help plan and organize operational and logistical elements for standard and high-level conferences, seminars, trainings and meetings for the State Department of Education (SDE).
• Proof of high school graduation or GED required;
• 2 years’ experience in events planning, marketing, strategic communications, public relations or related field.
• Knowledge and ability to ensure events are attractive, professional and innovative in terms of presentation and format;
• Strong proven track record in delivering projects against deadline and within budget;
• Confidence and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment;
• Strong communication (both written & verbal) and analytical skills;
• Detail-oriented with the ability to meet big picture goals and work on multiple projects simultaneously;
• Proven experience in building effective relationships.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Serves as the department’s coordinator for all professional development, seminars, trainings, events and conferences;
• Works to ensure the efficient development and implementation of event strategies driven by the goals of the department and divisions within;
• Works with senior-level leadership and education stakeholders to ensure that each project reflects the overall mission of the agency and reaches the targeted goals within each particular project;
• Develops processes to enhance the internal effectiveness of events or trainings and ensures professional consistency
• Supports all SDE conference and meeting operations; coordinates logistics for events including purchase requisitions, data collection & processing (applications, agreements, sign-up sheets), creative service requests, monitoring SDE events and Teacher of the Year inbox and answer questions as needed; respond to RSVPs and assemble attendee lists; print requests & assembly of materials; Eventbrite assistance & administration; intake & tracking of sponsorships; invoicing sponsors; submit ethics commission documentation;
• Helps with light & sound during events and partner with on-site technicians;
• Provides program information, direction, background and general support to all SDE staff;
• Builds influential and effective relationships with key education stakeholders, SDE leadership team members and staff.
General office setting.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
Frequent travel required with occasional overnight stays.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|