|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||10/3/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Monthly Salary: $2,777.75|
|Full or Part Time||
This is a full time Unclassified state positon.
Announcement #: 19-BC002
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN TO ALL SOURCES.
Address: 2405 Mercer Dr, Enid, OK 73702
Monthly Salary: $2,777.75
Under general direction, assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include preparing correspondence, reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities, reviewing and processing applications for permits or licenses, assisting agency customers with inquiries or problems concerning an assigned program area, processing various types of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for payment, and similar duties.
• Maintains a variety of records such as perpetual inventories of supplies and materials, and statements of expenditures; reconciles departmental records with central records; prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
• Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
• Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
• Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations.
• Enters and retrieves information using personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
• Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
• Maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies used in office or shop operations; receives or delivers materials and equipment.
• Supervises staff and activities involved in the performance of specialized or technical work, which involves the exercise of independent judgment; develops operational procedures and trains staff.
• Reviews and processes claims from vendors, contractors, medical providers and others for reimbursement or payment under various state programs.
• Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides transportation or other assistance to clients as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include:
• Knowledge of office methods and procedures; of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics.
• Knowledge of preparing and interpreting charts and graphs; of basic bookkeeping procedures; of mathematics; of inventory techniques; of telephone procedures; and of standard business communications.
• Knowledge of current office technologies; and ability to prepare documents, reports, and files for dissemination to external sources.
• Skill is required to operate office machines including computers/PCs.
• Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability is required to establish and maintain filing systems and to prepare documents.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
Requirements at this level consist of 24 months of clerical office experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
A conditional offer of employment to final candidate will be contingent upon a favorable background check and a substance abuse screening.
Veteran's preference points do not apply to this position.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.