The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Facility Administrator. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $51,390 based on education and experience.
The primary purpose of this position is the planning, coordinating and directing overall activities of state-owned buildings involving but not limited to the construction, maintenance & repair, energy conservation and fire prevention programs.
• Position shall have oversight of multiple state buildings managed by OMES-Facilities. This oversight will include the status of systems, work orders and construction projects within the facilities assigned.
• Position shall supervise, train and evaluate subordinate staff. The training includes but is not limited to the management of department service contractors, building construction contractors, customer service, minor maintenance and use of the Integrated Work Management System (IWMS).
• Experience with the management of a multiple trade maintenance program.
• Position shall participate in the planning and scheduling of a comprehensive preventive and general maintenance program for building operating equipment, to include but not limited to alteration or construction activities, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, finishes and division material inventory.
• Position shall be responsible for completion of assigned PM inspection schedules for all buildings assigned. This will include properly documenting within the department IWMS deficiencies that need to be addressed whether by in house maintenance support unit or third party service contractor.
• Position shall be responsible for reviewing subordinate staff entries for work orders and time cards in the IWMS.
• Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Integrated Work Management System (IWMS), Access Control Systems, Fire Alarm Systems and experience in the use of a Computerized Building Automation System.
Could include but not limited to the following;
• Oversee event setups within OFM managed facilities to ensure occupant safety.
• The position serves as supervisor of a small staff of two to four Construction Maintenance Administrator I / Facility Manager employees.
• Responsibility includes training, assigning/checking work as well as performing the same or related work.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience in construction, maintenance or skilled building trade including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Demands Include:
• Sitting 10% of time
• Using Computer, 30% of time
• Walking 70% of time
• Standing 70% of time
• Using hand tools 2% of time
• Climbing 5% of time
• Driving 3% of time
• Lifting less than 50lbs 2% of time
Work Environment Include:
• Office Environment 35% of time
• Heat 10% of time
• Noise 10% of time
• Heights 5% of time
• Vibration 3% of time
• Water 2% of time
• Dirt 2% of time
• Dust/Shavings 2% of time
• Grease/Oil 1% of time