|Department||Office of the Attorney General|
|Date Opened||9/30/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience and qualifications.|
|Full or Part Time||
A writing sample must accompany a resume to be considered. Please send resume and writing sample to email@example.com and indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office is seeking a full-time Sexual Assault Kit Resource Prosecutor for the Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI).
The position will be funded by the Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI) Grant. Under the direction of the Victim Services Unit, the SAKI Resource Prosecutor will serve as the Site Coordinator for the grant, as well as a legal resource to the district attorney system to aid prosecutors in the effective handling of sexual assault prosecutions as a result of the statewide initiative to test previously unsubmitted sexual assault kits (SAK).
The successful candidate will have outstanding legal judgment and be able to effectively and professionally research, prepare, analyze and understand complex information and legal issues. The candidate will be able to effectively work with law enforcement officers, victim advocates, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) and others who respond to the crime of sexual assault. The candidate must maintain the integrity of the Attorney General's Office as well as the confidentiality of information as required by the Oklahoma Attorney General. Extensive in-state travel, including some over-night travel, is required.
Essential Tasks of the Position:
• Working in conjunction with the SAKI Investigators, the SAKI Victim Advocate and personnel within the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) to accomplish the goals and activities of the Enhancing Oklahoma’s Response to Sexual Assault SAKI grant initiative.
• Serve as the Project Coordinator for the SAKI Grant. Work directly with the SAKI National Training and Technical Assistance Program.
• Compile and report numerical and narrative data to meet grant reporting requirements associated with the Enhancing Oklahoma’s Response to Sexual Assault SAKI grant initiative.
• Provide legal and technical assistance to prosecutors in district attorney offices on the prosecution of sexual assault cases.
• Develop and provide quality up to date legal reference material to assist prosecutors to more effectively prosecute cases.
• Assist district attorney districts as needed and upon request, with the actual prosecution of sexual assault cases by sitting second chair.
Licensed attorney in the State of Oklahoma with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience, including previous service as an assistant district attorney or assistant attorney general. Excellent research, writing and advocacy skills are required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience prosecuting sexual assault crimes. Must have prior experience working with or administering a grant project. Must be a self-motivated with exceptional organizational skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Must have been engaged in the practice of law a minimum of five years.
All applicants must agree in writing to complete, and satisfactorily pass, a thorough background investigation by the Office of Attorney General.
The Office of Oklahoma Attorney General is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Office of Oklahoma Attorney General to not discriminate against or deny equal employment opportunity to any applicant or employee on the grounds of race, sex, color, age, national origin, creed, political affiliation, religion, genetic information, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to do the work for which employed. Applicants will not be discriminated against before or during their employment. All employees of the Oklahoma Attorney General's Office are “at will” employees.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.