|Date Opened||9/23/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2019 1:48:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Email resumes to:
Position open until filled.
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Agents Licensing Division for a Licensing Administrator. This position is a level 1. The starting salary for this position is $30,000, with future pay increases and/or bonuses based on performance.
A licensing administrator is responsible for all tasks related to the regulation & processing of applications for various insurance professional licenses issued by the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks including sorting and filing, creating files for new applications, answering the phone and taking messages
• Mail processing & document scanning
• Review and process new and renewal applications for resident & nonresident licensing candidates; communicate with applicants throughout the application process to obtain required information for compliance with statutes, policies and procedures
• Enter and retrieve data using personal computer; receive and review source documents; proof previously entered data and make routine corrections when necessary
• Perform other duties as required and requested by OID staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of telephone etiquette and procedures
• Ability to learn and differentiate among various types of insurance information in order to assist licensed insurance professionals and administrators with their concerns
• Effective time organization and management
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others, to understand the basic functions of other divisions within the department, to handle routine business decisions, and to deal tactfully with the public
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and proven ability to multitask
• Working knowledge of computers and computer software, specifically Microsoft Windows products including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Dedication to knowing and understanding the Oklahoma Insurance Code
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.