|Department||Legislative Service Bureau|
|Date Opened||8/27/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Annual compensation will be based on experience, including a comprehensive benefits package.|
|Full or Part Time||
Persons interested in the LOFT Director position should submit the following information:
• Letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications described in this announcement
• Current resume
• List of professional references
Application packages should be sent via email or regular mail to:
Legislative Service Bureau
2300 North Lincoln Blvd., Room 309.1C
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4808
Attn: Human Resources
Applications accepted until October 21, 2019 or until position is filled.
The Legislative Office of Fiscal Transparency (LOFT) Oversight Committee is seeking a highly motivated, talented and credible professional to fill the LOFT Director position. The Director will oversee state agency budget analysis and performance evaluations as necessary to assist the Legislature in its oversight of executive branch agencies.
LOFT is a new office created by Senate Bill 1 in 2019 to ensure fiscal and program integrity. It is overseen by the bicameral bipartisan LOFT Oversight Committee. LOFT is an office within the Legislative Service Bureau and operates under the direction of the LOFT Oversight Committee. It will be similar to the Government Accountability Office and Congressional Budget Office at the federal level.
LOFT’s functions are:
• Gathers information regarding the proposed budgets of executive branch agencies each fiscal year.
• Analyzes the information and evaluates the extent to which the agency budget does or does not fulfill the agency's primary duties and responsibilities under applicable provisions of federal, state or other law.
• Analyzes and forecasts all revenues available to the agency from appropriations, fees, dedicated revenue or any other source.
• Compares the agency budget information to the comparable information contained in that agency's budget requests from prior fiscal years.
• And conducts such investigations regarding the operations of the agency as required in order to fulfill the duties imposed upon the office by law or as otherwise directed by the oversight committee.
A Bachelor’s or advanced degree with related or similar experience is required. Experience at a supervisory level desired.
Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the following:
• Evaluation of program effectiveness
• Performance-based budgeting
• Policy and budget analysis
• Accounting and finance
• Cost-benefit analysis
• Evaluation & auditing standards
• Performance measurements
A commitment to public service, strong written and oral communication skills, team- building and collaboration skills are essential. In addition to possessing these tactical skills, the LOFT Director must possess the strategic visioning necessary to build an entity from the ground up that is universally credible, sustainable and drives tangible governmental improvement.
Annual compensation will be based on experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package available to all state employees.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.