Forest Ranger I - EC - Wilburton
|Department||Department of Agriculture and Food and Forestry|
|Date Opened||5/17/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,407 - $29,342/year|
|Full or Part Time||
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities in the prevention and suppression of wildfires and in the performance of technical forest management work related to the delivery of the division’s cooperative forestry programs.
This job family consists of four levels which are distinguished based on the complexity of assigned duties, the level of expertise required to complete assigned work, and the responsibility assigned for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities, which primarily involve participating in the prevention and suppression of wildland fires, the operation and maintenance of firefighting equipment, and the maintenance and construction of forestry facilities. Some responsibilities may also be assigned for providing training and assistance or guidance to volunteer fire crews or serving as Single Resource Boss or as the Incident Commander for low complexity wildland fires.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of one year of forestry-related work , or fire prevention and suppression work, or experience operating logging, earth-moving, or farm equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
2. Applicants must pass an agency established pre-hire physical examination and must take and pass a drug test prior to appointment, administered through the appointing agency.
3. All applicants hired after 06/30/2014 must pass a job-related Work Capacity Test (as outlined by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group) within three months of employment and maintain the minimum levels of fitness required for their position throughout their career with the Forestry Services Division (tested annually). The Work Capacity Test consists of walking three miles in 45 minutes (or less) while carrying a 45 lb. pack.
4. Persons appointed to Forest Ranger I positions must complete all training and experience requirements for National Wildfire Coordinating Group Firefighter II (FFT2) certification within six months of employment and Firefighter I (FFT1) within one year of employment.
5. Persons appointed to a Forest Ranger position (Level I, II, and III) must reside or within six months of employment establish residence within a 15-mile radius of the designated reporting/work site to which the employee is assigned.
6. This position requires possession of a valid State of Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License, Class A, with appropriate endorsements as referenced in the Oklahoma Model Commercial Driver’s Manual in effect at the time of appointment. Persons appointed to this position must obtain the appropriate Commercial Driver’s License no later than six months after the date of appointment. Employees subject to this requirement will be subject to random drug testing administered by the Appointing Authority.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on a supplemental questionnaire
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|