The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services Employees Group Insurance Division is seeking a full time Reconciliation Specialist. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $41,600 based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving specialized accounting work related to the maintenance and reconciliation of member accounts to reflect payments received for various types of insurance and benefits programs administered by a state agency, local government or school. Responsibilities may include reviewing, analyzing, recording and reconciling accounts receivable transactions, posting payments received directly from members and various agency payrolls, responding to inquiries concerning policies and procedures.
• Reviews and analyzes discrepancy reports and other information concerning payments received for various types of insurance or benefits, such as health, dental life and vision insurance.
• Posts payments, deposits, resolve payment errors, review payment advices to ensure eligibility changes have been made in system or Insurance Coordinator is notified that a form or web enrollment change is necessary; audit payments.
• Processes refund requests and audits refunds.
• Processes special projects within the required deadlines, adhering to all unit procedures and EGID rules.
• Responds in writing to correspondence received from Insurance/Benefit Coordinators and members.
• Notifies Insurance/Benefit Coordinators, members or others, as needed, concerning actions required to correct discrepancies, adjust accounts or other requirements; provides interpretation of various laws, rules or policies concerning insurance enrollments, changes in status and other transactions.
• Processes and distributes all incoming and/or returned mail, forms and correspondence for Member Accounts.
• Understands and adheres to HIPAA Compliance and Fraud, Waste and Abuse policies and successfully complete annual trainings for compliance.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree; or two years of experience in bookkeeping work, insurance eligibility determination or closely related work; or two years of experience in the maintenance, analysis and reconciliation of insurance or benefits accounts. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valued Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations, rules and policies concerning the insurance or benefits program for which responsibilities are assigned; and of eligibility requirements and procedures for enrollment, changes or other transactions.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a large percentage of the work day done on a computer and telephone. The noise level is usually mild. Ability to occasionally lift paper and office supplies and to perform job duties on a computer and telephone for 6-8 hours per day is necessary. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.