Human Resources, Oklahoma City
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||5/13/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Salary: $3,484.42 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
Positions in this job are assigned responsibilities for providing administrative support for division/region/unit directors of the agency.
• Develops and implements office support systems to include: processing and distribution of mail; records storage, retrieval, and retention; document production; dissemination of information; communications networking; equipment and supply inventory; equipment maintenance; and accounting and budgetary items.
• Organizes activities of the division/region/unit director’s office to include: screening calls and visitors, scheduling appointments, and tracking projects and deadlines.
• Prepares correspondence related to agency programs, policies, and procedures; provides information to internal and external customers regarding related programs.
• Enters and retrieves information using appropriate computer software or other data processing equipment and receives and reviews source documents; reviews data and makes routine corrections.
• May assist with locating, assembling, collating, editing, and summarizing materials, information, and data for the agency.
• May supervise clerical or subordinate support staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with department policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Five (5) years experience providing advanced clerical and administrative support for a mid to upper level manager in a large organization; up to three (3) years of college level coursework may be substituted for the required experience.
Job Code: 4952 DOC Pay Grade: 7 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 06-27-17
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|