|Date Opened||5/10/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2,094.00 - $2,792.00 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
How to Apply: On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Shaleen Varner at Shaleen.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located at the Army Aviation Support Facility in Tulsa, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
• Performs carpentry work in the construction or renovation of buildings or additions to existing structures; erects and maintains scaffolds, sheds, forms,, frames, fences and other structures; alters and repairs doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens, and other fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs roofs.
• Installs, replaces, alters, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, traps, faucets; makes minor repairs to laundry equipment, sterilization equipment, kitchen equipment and other equipment using water, steam air, or other feed line and return or waste disposal lines.
• Maintains and repairs light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; maintains generators and motors; oils and cleans motors; troubleshoots and makes electrical repairs not requiring a license; maintains and makes minor repairs to various types of heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, such as components, pumps, fans, humidifiers, electric motors, and heat exchangers.
• Installs and maintains locks and other security devices; repairs or replaces tumblers, springs and other parts; cuts new or duplicate keys; uses files, hand tools and special equipment to change combinations or shorten tumblers.
• Constructs, maintains and repairs concrete and other foundations; builds retaining walls, walks, fireplaces, chimneys, stairways and similar projects; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder brick, concrete block, stone, terra cotta or other materials.
• Operates, maintains and repairs various types of equipment used in construction and maintenance of building and grounds, such as trucks, tractors, bulldozers, power shovels, cranes or semi-trailer tractors, forklifts, mowers and edger.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, fixtures, tools and equipment used in various building and maintenance trades; of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Skill is required to use various tools and equipment; to maintain or repair various types of materials or equipment and ability is required to follow written and oral instructions.
Education and Experience:
Four (4) years of experience in one or more of the building trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Licenses/Certificates required: none
• Applicant must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds
• Applicant must be able to work in extreme weather conditions (over 95 degrees F and below 20 degrees F).
• Applicant must be able climb ladders and stairs.
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Considered essential personnel (work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• T1 security clearance (eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• Tobacco and Vape Free Facility
• FLSA Non-Exempt status
Notes: This position is located at the Army Aviation Support Facility in Tulsa, OK
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access. This position requires travel in and out of state with overnight stays. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.