|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||5/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Lead Oklahoma educators in highly effective elementary PreK-6 mathematics education and facilitate the implementation of Oklahoma Academic Standards into every classroom.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education [official transcript(s) required]
(master’s degree in elementary subject matter or a degree in educational leadership preferred);
• Possession of a valid teaching certificate in mathematics; and
• Experience teaching or coordinating the instruction of PreK-6 mathematics.
• Considerable knowledge of elementary cooperative learning activities, interdisciplinary and modern teaching techniques, methods and practices; of current trends and sources of information in the field of education, curriculum development in particular; of educational psychology; general knowledge of federal and state school laws; of budgeting methods and procedures; of the principles of public relations.
• Complete understanding of the Oklahoma Elementary Math Specialist (OEMS) certification and ability to direct teachers through the process of becoming OEMS certified.
• Considerable knowledge of Oklahoma Academic PreK-6 mathematical standards.
• Considerable experience in analyzing testing data and drawing conclusions from that data.
• Considerable knowledge of elementary math professional development strategies as well as implementation across the grade levels.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, local school officials and the general public; to express facts and opinions clearly and concisely and to judge a situation and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize the impact of policies in education.
• Knowledge of technology and the ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services.
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job related travel.
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through performance of the prescribed job duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Take the lead in the implementation of the Oklahoma Academic mathematics standards in PreK-6 grades; recommend methods, materials, teaching media and curricula to PreK-6 mathematics educators.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of all SDE initiatives and goals, i.e. TLE, A-F grading system, STEM, 3rd grade reading (RSA).
• Collaborate/plan and implement large conferences and events as well as evaluate the effectiveness of said conferences.
• Continuously work on STEM initiative at the elementary PreK-6 levels with Executive Director and STEM team.
• Organize and conduct professional development in elementary mathematics.
• Lead/participate in mathematics-related activities, organizations, and initiatives at the local, state and national levels.
• Represent the agency as a presenter/speaker/leader for educators, business and community organizations, etc.
• Take the lead in the creation and implementation of PreK-6 elementary math goals.
• Collaborate with other curriculum directors and other agencies on joint projects including but not limited to Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching, student assessment, STEM, school improvement, and Math and Science Partnership Grants.
• Provide technical assistance in the implementation of Oklahoma's core curriculum and the Oklahoma State Testing Program in mathematics.
General office setting.
20% Travel required with occasional overnight stays.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.