|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||5/6/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,000 - $71,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking three full time Security Engineers. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is $55,000 - $71,000 based on education and experience.
This position is to develop, administer, and oversee information security systems, tools, policies, and procedures required to protect critical state assets. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in network and internet security, incident response and management, forensic security investigations, auditing, security product management, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, telecommunications and security tools for defense in depth, and security policy and procedures. The primary focus of this position is on the integrity of the infrastructure and the processes required for delivering applications and services throughout the agency, as well as various state government networks and environments, including those managed and operated by third parties.
• Proactively identify and address security issues that threaten State assets.
• Provide security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of information assurance and information security engineering.
• Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
• Validate system security requirements, definition, and analysis.
• Establish system security designs.
• Implement security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures
• Verify security requirements
• Support secure systems operations and maintenance.
• Coordinate requests from agencies related to security issues and questions.
• Support the information security architecture and coordinate related activities with other state agencies and entities.
• Support intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems to identify vulnerabilities, attack patterns, and signatures for the detection and prevention of service intrusions, interruptions, and/or denial of service incidents.
• Respond to information security incidents to comply with statewide and agency information security policy, procedures, and guidelines.
• Coordinate incident management procedures, including incident response and investigation, reporting to the appropriate authorities, and utilizing forensic best practices as needs dictate.
• Research and stay current on the latest information security technologies.
• Coordinate and support information security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
• Provide support for the business continuity and disaster recovery planning, development, and testing processes.
• Perform security audits and produce results for agency administration, upper level management, and wide distribution.
• Research, prepare, and/or edit IT security policies, whitepapers, technical newsletters, periodicals, status reports, newspaper and magazine article.
• Develop and maintain a statewide Security Common Book of Knowledge where security knowledge is housed, maintained, and provided for staff use.
• Prepare technical documentation and user documentation for in-house applications.
• Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
• Identify and define system security requirements.
• Design computer security architecture and develop detailed secure designs.
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
• Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in information security or management information systems from an accredited college or university, or four years of information security experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
A working knowledge of SIEM, Vulnerability Management, End Point Protection (desktop and Server), network security, and data security principles.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.