|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||5/6/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $72,696.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking full time Programs Manager II providing support to Health Resources Development Services. This is a classified position (PIN#34003270) in state government, located in Oklahoma, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $72,696.00 based on education and experience. Position Description: Key Functions: Physical Demands Work Environment Preferred Qualifications:
This position manages and oversees the Oklahoma National Background Check Program and the Jails (Correctional Facility) Division.
• Manages the program; directs and supervises professional and support staff in the completion of assigned functions and activities.
• Develops and recommends policies, rules and regulations as they pertain to the administration of the program consistent with applicable federal and state laws and rules; participates in program analysis, including the analysis of problems and needed services.
• Directs studies of program needs; reviews and analyzes information from studies and projects for immediate and long-range program development; advises subordinate program staff and other interested groups of the proper interpretation and application of enabling statutes and program rules and policies.
• Reviews periodic staff reports, administrative audits, program activities and other information to evaluate program effectiveness and quality of service; develops controls to assure accountability for program operation, policy implementation and the maintenance of efficiency in the program.
• Develops and maintains personnel policies and practices; participates in the selection of staff, directs staff training.
While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach.
This position is set in an office environment.
• Knowledge of CJIS Security standards
• Knowledge of Investigative practices and Investigative Report Writing
• Knowledge of standards and practices associated with large or complex data collection and reporting applications and integrated data management systems;
• Knowledge of techniques for software troubleshooting and software diagnostic testing techniques;
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the direction or supervision of programs related to the delivery of agency services on a statewide basis. This may include the supervision of professional level staff in providing a variety of services and assistance to eligible clients, responsibility for a work unit of a division or a single program area, assisting in directing a major multifunctional program or unit, or overall responsibility for major program activities involving the principle operations of the agency.
The Programs Manager job family consists of five levels which are distinguished based on the scope and breadth of responsibility associated with the program responsibilities assigned.
At this level, employees are assigned responsibilities involving the direction or supervision of a work section of a division or will have responsibility for a single program area administered by the agency and will perform all essential functions related to the position.
Education and Experience required at this level consists of a master’s degree and two (2) years of professional supervisory, managerial, consultative or administrative experience in public health administration, social work, child support, adult protective services, child welfare, early childhood development and education, guidance and counseling, nursing, developmental disabilities, probation and parole, employment services, public administration, community-based prevention and diversionary youth services programs, juvenile justice, rehabilitation or disability services or counseling, or vocational evaluation or vocational rehabilitation, experience in instructing/directing a community service or recreational program or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of professional level experience in the above listed areas for each year of the required education.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the required professional supervisory, managerial, consultative or administrative experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.