Construction and Maintenance
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||5/3/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Construction and Maintenance
Salary: $4,267.19 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
This position performs surveys and studies and recommends new HVAC & Mechanical systems for facilities and provides recommendations for upgrading systems, while also repairing and maintaining said HVAC/Mechanical systems.
An active license with the Oklahoma Industries Board as an Mechanical Journeyman or Plumbing Journeyman is required.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
CORRECTIONAL TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
Positions in this job are assigned technical responsibilities on a statewide basis responsible for analyzing, implementing and maintaining security systems, plumbing/waste water systems, electrical systems, HVAC systems and access control systems at state prison facilities.
• Performs surveys and studies and recommends new security systems or revisions to upgrade existing security systems, while also repairing & maintaining said systems.
• Performs surveys and studies and recommends new water treatment, wastewater disposal and plumbing systems or provides recommendations for upgrading systems, while also repairing and maintaining said systems.
• Performs surveys and studies and recommends new electrical systems for facilities or provides recommendations for upgrading systems, while also repairing and maintaining said systems.
• Performs surveys and studies and recommends new HVAC/Boiler systems for facilities or provides recommendations for upgrading systems, while also repairing and maintaining said systems.
• Analyzes and evaluates the agency’s prison facility operational requirements for need and technical feasibility on communications, security systems and high security access control systems.
• Coordinates ordering through purchase orders or state bid process and/or conducts telephone bids; writes complex technical specifications to purchase; plans budgetary requirements and analyzes technical specifications for bid compliance.
• Uses detention locksmith equipment to install and maintain high security detention lock/key systems at all levels of locking systems at state facilities, to include pneumatic locks and electro locks at medium and maximum security prisons statewide; maintains electronic interconnects associated with mechanical locking systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of the principles and practices of one or more of the following technical skills: telecommunications systems, high security access control systems, perimeter intrusion detection systems, video surveillance systems, electrical trades at the contractor level, plumbing trades at the contractor level, and mechanical engineering trades at the contractor level.
Ability is required to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain working relationships with others.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Active license with the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board as an Electrical Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, or Mechanical Contractor; or five (5) years of experience designing and maintaining electronic institutional security systems or an equivalent combination of education, substituting one year of technical education for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
Job Code: 4153 DOC Pay Grade: 10 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 9/5/2017
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|