|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||4/30/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,000 - $50,000/year|
|Full or Part Time||
PERSONAL FINANCIAL LITERACY & BUSINESS EDUCATION SPECIALIST
Office of Curriculum & Instruction, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City, OK
Under direction, coordinate and supervise personal financial literacy and business education in Oklahoma public schools; perform related work as required.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred [official transcript(s) required];
• Possession of a valid teaching certificate; and experience teaching and/or coordinating Personal Financial Literacy and Business instruction.
• Considerable knowledge of:
o state academic content standards in personal financial literacy and national academic content standards in business education;
o contemporary, research-based teaching techniques, technology, methods, and practices;
o literature, trends and sources of information in the field of education;
o the application of methods and techniques to personal finance and business programs; and
o statutory requirement related to personal financial literacy, graduation requirements, and Individualized Career and Academic Plans.
• Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, teachers, local school officials and the general public in order to advance quality learning experiences in the areas of personal financial literacy and business education.
• Express ideas, facts and opinions clearly and concisely and are able to judge a situation and adopt an effective course of action.
• Experience creating guidance, building resources, managing projects, and providing professional development in the areas or personal financial literacy and/or business education.
• Manage complex simultaneous projects effectively that are strategically developed to achieve aspects of a strategic plan and demonstrate the ability to keep records, communicate with team members and supervisors, and make adjustments to future initiatives based upon evaluations and feedback.
• Knowledge of technology and the ability to use it to maximize efficiency and quality of communication, project managements, and all products and resources developed.
• Willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel.
• Maintain and demonstrate a conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Develop a long-term strategic plan for ensuring all Oklahoma students are prepared to be fiscally responsible as they enter adulthood; enact projects and initiatives that advance efforts to train educators, improve curriculum, and support effective teaching and learning in all personal financial literacy and business education courses;
• Visit schools concerning personal financial literacy and business programs; recommend materials, methods, teaching media, instructional techniques, and professional development;
• Organize and conduct professional development workshops and institutes at both elementary and secondary levels to disseminate information on curriculum alignment, vertical teaming, and other research-based instructional methods;
• Provide technical assistance to teachers and schools in the implementation of Oklahoma’s curriculum standards and the personal financial literacy graduation requirement;
• Participate in activities of state, regional and national organizations for personal financial literacy and business professionals, including but not limited to Oklahoma Council on Economic Education, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Oklahoma City Branch, JumpStart, and other business organizations;
• Represent the State Department of Education as consultant and speaker for meetings of educators, and other professional, business, and community organizations;
• Work in collaboration with the Director of Social Studies Education on instructional resource development.
General office setting.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O
Reach Over Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
20% Travel required with occasional overnight stays.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|