|Department||Department of Emergency Management|
|Date Opened||3/13/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in the maintenance, analysis, interpretation and management of financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers and accounts, analysis and presentation of financial data, and preparation of financial statements and expenditure reports, review and approval of various vouchers and invoices for payment, analyzing budget requirements, preparing payroll data, allocation of funds to various accounts or functions, and other similar activities.
• Review, analyze and present financial data, including revenue projections and expenditure reports, to determine funding requirements.
• Prepare financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data, and other information concerning financial requirements; assist in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of the budget work program.
• Maintain various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; allocate revenues to appropriate functions; classify expenditures and post to various accounts as required.
• Track federal grant revenues and expenditures consistently; prepare 425 Federal Financial Reports quarterly.
• Review and process expense vouchers for accounts payable based on invoices, and other financial documents.
• Reconcile various financial reports and other accounting data concerning fiscal operations.
• Determine payroll requirements; maintain payroll data; prepare and process monthly payrolls.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; and of computer technology related to accounting systems. Ability is required to prepare basic financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience for each year of the required education, and three years of experience performing professional accounting.
• Experience with Excel
• Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft financial management
Conditions of Employment
Final eligibility for this position will be contingent upon review and approval of the applicant’s knowledge, skills and abilities, along with education and experience. Applicant must maintain a valid driver’s license. Travel may be required at the initial expense of the employee with reimbursement after a nominal period following a submitted travel claim. Must be available to respond to the State Emergency Operations Center (EOC) anytime for disaster response, recovery or support. Employment eligibility is contingent on a favorable background check and verification through E-Verify (Homeland Security).
Position may require Testing.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|