|Department||Employment Security Commission|
|Date Opened||3/11/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Annual Hiring Rate: $95,272.77 / Bi-Weekly Hiring Rate: $3,693.19|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at the Will Rogers Memorial Office Building, OKC.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Oversight of the financial operations for the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) and functioning as the Finance Division Director.
Duties may include:
Planning, organizing and controlling the financial resources of the OESC; functioning as the Chief Accounting Officer; forecasting the OESC’s financial needs; ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements associated with the OESC’s funds; establishing & monitoring adequate internal control procedures to ensure OESC’s assets are safeguarded with prevention of errors & irregularities; other duties as assigned.
Prefer applicants have a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
• Planning, organizing & controlling the financial resources of OESC.
• Functions as the chief accounting officer.
• Responsible for organizing, directing, controlling & supervising the work of personnel in Accounting, Budgeting, Cash Management, Procurement & Transaction processing.
• Ensures that relevant financial data is processed, recorded, collected summarized & interpreted timely for effective decision making.
• Responsible for predicting the Agency’s financial needs in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Ensures satisfactory cash flow in the Unemployment Insurance Operations of the Agency
• Observes accounts receivable/payable & implements disaster recovery plans.
• Must have an in-depth understanding of all regulatory requirements related to the management of Agency Funds.
• Ensures the Agency is in compliance with all regulatory requirements such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), US Department of Labor (USDOL) financial compliance requirements and state rules & regulations.
• Monitors on an ongoing basis the systems/processes that assure accurate & timely recording of all transactions by implemening disciplines of internal audits, controls & checks across all departments.
• Ensures timely reconciliation of grants, financial contracts & commitment control Ledgers.
Education, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Strong leader with reputation for integrity and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels.
• High energy, credibility, and strong public presence.
• Ability to focus divergent agendas upon common goals and objectives.
• Creativity, strategic thinking skills, and a track record of moving from planning to action.
• Ability to work with local, state, and federal elected officials.
• Experience with the PeopleSoft financial module.
• Certified Public Accountant License (CPA);
• Familiarity with Federal Grants, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), US Department of Labor (USDOL) financial compliance requirements and state rules and regulations.
“THE OKLAHOMA EMPLOYMENT SECURITY COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|