|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||1/31/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,000 - $42,000/year|
|Full or Part Time||
CREATIVE SERVICES COORDINATOR
Office of Communications, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City
Under the supervision of the Creative Services Director, assist in the development, maintenance, and use of graphics for publications, computer presentations, and web-based projects.
• Graduation from an accredited college, university or career tech with a degree/certificate in graphic design and production, commercial art, or similar field strongly preferred;
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in communications, graphic design and production, commercial art, or similar field may be substituted for the above education requirement;
• High School Diploma or GED required [official transcript(s) required].
NOTE: Applicants must provide three graphic samples of their work with the application. SUBMIT samples of work via email to Jobs@sde.ok.gov after completing the online application.
• Knowledge of graphic production in Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop; of desktop publishing in Adobe InDesign; of ability to edit video in Adobe Premier/Final Cut Pro X; of multimedia production and services terminology and techniques; of web-based presentation software and capabilities; and of digital photography;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Knowledge of and ability to use MacOS;
• Strong communication and people skills; ability to train individuals and groups in a variety of settings;
• Ability to multitask, manage workflow and prioritize projects based on deadlines;
• Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved; monitor and check work/information and plan and organize time efficiently;
• Attention to detail in all aspects of a given task, including monitoring and checking work and information;
• Commitment and willingness to provide courteous, professional, collegial, and efficient service through performance of above job duties;
• Willingness to continuously develop skills in above areas.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Under direction of Creative Services Director and Executive Director of Communications and in coordination with other OSDE team members, create, lay out, and input changes in agency materials, ensuring compliance under Section 504, and prepare those materials for print and/or digital distribution;
• Upon request, design and produce logos, graphs, charts, reports, flyers, nametags, PowerPoints, handouts, animation sequences for video, website art, and other graphics as needed to support OSDE;
• Provide assistance to Creative Services Director for projects on an as-needed basis;
• Create visually appealing, agency-branded training materials and/or presentations for OSDE staff;
General office setting.
Less than 10% travel required.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.