|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/14/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $63,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority Health Information Consultant providing support to Center for Health Statistics. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34001302) in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to$63,000.00 based on education and experience. Position Description: Duties include, but are not limited to: Education and Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating quality improvement and quality assurance activities related to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) data systems. In order to achieve this, the incumbent will be required to consult and collaborate with the OSDH OMMA staff as well as other OSDH programs and external partners that rely on the information collected.
• Create automated reports from OMMA data systems that are relevant, informative, and actionable to enable data-based program decisions (e.g. workflow productivity; registrations, time to process, etc.)
• Consult with OMMA leadership and staff to determine needs and build programs and reports based on those needs
• Inform OMMA leadership of limitations of systems and make recommendations for changesAs the primary analyst for the OMMA:
• Lead all public health surveillance activity for the OMMA
• Identify and implement improvements in programmatic system inefficiencies
• Perform inferential and non-inferential analyses for all medical marijuana data requests and interpret findings
• Participant in appropriate agency committees and councils
• Develop regular and ad hoc reports with interpretation of findings including but not limited to:
o Business reports
o Quarterly & annual reports with projections for next reporting periods
o Statistical reports
o Data visualizations
o Data dashboards
o Presentations to internal staff, licensees, and the public
• Quality Assurance, Data Management, & Quality Improvement
• Create workflow charts and diagrams.
• Document and diagram database structure and relationships.
• Create data dictionaries and mappings for all data collected.
• Monitor progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, and creating progress reports.
• Identify potential or actual problems and recommend solutions.
• Liaison to OMES IT/Vendors.
• Coordinate new data collection tools/instruments as needed.
• Surveys, registries, etc.
• Mandated reporting systems.
• Random/non-random audits.
• Assess compliance with applicable laws/rules/standards.
• Support CHS program activities.
• Represent CHS in meetings.
• Serve as additional resource when needed for internal staff development and cross training.
Master’s degree in Public health (Biostatistics/Epidemiology), analytics, informatics, or related Master’s level degree. At least 3 years of experience manipulating data using SQL and/or SAS in a professional setting. This position requires strong communication skills (and experience) both written and public speaking
Proficient at analyzing/manipulating large data sets using SAS and transact SQL:
SAS: data manipulation, statistical reporting (basic and advanced), macro development, project builder
Transact-SQL – write queries to access data on SQL Servers
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): Create reports from SQL databases
Tableau: Create data visualizations
Online Survey Tools such as Qualtrics: create surveys
ArcGIS – create geospatial maps and perform geospatial analytics
Microsoft Excel: data functions and data manipulation
Microsoft Access: data queries and manipulation
Microsoft PowerPoint, Publisher, Word …
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Office Environment
• Computer Based
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|