|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||1/10/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$110,000 - $118,500/year|
|Full or Part Time||
DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF ASSESSMENT & ACCOUNTABILITY
Office of Administrative Services, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City
Develop, and oversee all academic accountability and assessment reports for both state and federal programs. This includes the state-sponsored School Report Card as well as all academic and performance reports. Supervise and oversee the work of the Executive Director of Assessments, Executive Director of Data Management, Executive Director of Accountability, and Executive Director of National & International Assessments.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Measurement, Statistics and Evaluation. A minor in Educational Policy or demonstrated experience in Education Policy preferred [official transcript(s) required];
• Two or more years’ experience in public school administration developing and maintaining a district and/or state accountability system including the development and implementation of a statewide school grade card.
• Expertise in education accountability systems, their development and administration;
• Knowledge of all current state and federal laws relating to accountability;
• Extensive knowledge of and ability to fulfill state and federal accountability reporting requirements as required by Oklahoma State law and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as it relates to assessment and accountability;
• Knowledge of state testing requirements under the National Assessment of Educational Progress;
• Considerable knowledge of theory and methods of statistical research, evaluation, planning, and analysis;
• Strong data management, analytical, and organizational skills;
• Knowledge of technology and ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services;
• Ability to effectively utilize computerized statistical software and other technologies to enhance the precision and sophistication of research findings;
• Ability to assist in directing the work of others; to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, school officials, and the public; to present facts and opinions clearly; to analyze situations correctly and to adopt an effective course of action; to engage in several projects simultaneously;
• Ability to develop effective professional development opportunities for appropriate state and district personnel related to accountability and assessments;
• Conscientious commitment/willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through performance of prescribed job duties;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related travel.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Oversee all aspects of the operation and implementation of the State Education Accountability System;
• Manage all functions and processes associated with Oklahoma’s Accountability Framework card and accountability standards;
• Translate complex statistical concepts into language that is easier to understand by the general public;
• Ensure compliance with state and federally mandated assessment and accountability measures;
• Provide guidance and support to senior leadership team on the Oklahoma Accountability System;
• Supervise the critical analyses of recent research and activities with regard to the Oklahoma Accountability System and the Oklahoma PK-12 Education Assessments System;
• Assist the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) General Counsel and Oklahoma State Legislature in the writing of resolutions and in drafting language for the adoption of policies and laws designed to ensure compliance with federal and state laws as they pertain to education accountability, school accreditation, and state assessment;
• Provide written and oral testimonies to members of the Oklahoma State Legislature and the State Board of Education related to state and federal accountability and assessment laws;
• Provide direction and guidance to the OSDE office of communication to ensure that stakeholders are kept apprised on any changes to the accountability system;
• Work with the Office of Management and Enterprise Services to refine strategies for providing access to all applicable accountability data through the OSDE website in an effort to support optimal and appropriate levels of transparency to the public that aligns with the requirements of House Bill 1989;
• Supervise cross-function teams to facilitate the successful integration of the areas of accountability, testing and student data systems. Provide timely, valid, useful and accurate data and information to internal and external stakeholders;
• Provide leadership and direction to the accountability and assessment staff through the supervision of plans and development of work processes, procedures and work assignments;
• Serve collaboratively in supporting school improvement efforts relating to assessments and accountability by systematically reviewing, evaluating and interpreting changing legislation, policies and education trends;
• Serve as state representative on accountability and assessments by attending various meetings and conferences and preparing written briefs and executive summaries for the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, members of the Oklahoma State Board of Education, members of the Oklahoma State Legislature and other state and local education stakeholders;
• Other duties as assigned by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Under direction of the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, assist in the supervision of the offices of Assessments, Accountability, Data and Research.
General office setting.
Frequent travel required with occasional overnight stays.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|