Mental Health/Oklahoma County, Oklahoma City
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||12/14/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Mental Health/Oklahoma County Residential Services
Salary: $14,166.66 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
Under general direction, performs professional work in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health patients in a correctional facility.
• Responsible for the psychiatric medical management of the inmates at the institution assigned; examines diagnoses, and treats all inmates who present signs and symptoms of mental illness; routinely re-evaluates and re-examines all inmates on psychotropic medication on a regular appropriately timed basis.
• Gives appropriate medical orders to the paraprofessional staff of health care providers and mental health personnel.
• Evaluates existing treatment programs and makes recommendation of revisions of programs.
• Assists in developing and implementing mental health policies and procedures to be used at the assigned institution; developing standards of care compatible with the standards recommended for mental health services by the American Correctional Association.
• Assists wardens, administrative, and correctional staff in the understanding and supervision of those inmates with mental health problems; and provides in-service education for other health care personnel, psychology personnel, and correctional custody officials as needed.
• Keeps abreast of modern developments in mental health treatment and remains able to set the course for a health care team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of principles and practices of applied psychiatry and of the use of psycho pharmacologic medications. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to exercise independent judgement; to analyze a situation and adopt an effective course of action; to successfully diagnose, clarify, and treat patients in an acceptable manner; and to interpret complex instructions, both oral and written.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Licensure to practice medicine in the state of Oklahoma and be eligible or certified to practice psychiatry.
Job Code: 2093 DOC Pay Grade: Medical Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 08-01-02
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|