|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
JFD: Program Grant Consultant
Working Title: Wellness Systems Consultant
Location: Center for the Advancement of Wellness
PIN #: 34002015
This position will serve as a Wellness Systems Consultant for the TSET Wellness projects providing information, training and consultation to TSET grantees statewide across multiple sections to prevent/reduce obesity, chronic disease, tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure. Efforts will utilize evidence-based or evidence-informed interventions and focus on organizations such as: early childhood education programs, college/university/career tech campuses, health systems, businesses, municipalities, schools and other community organizations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide outcome-driven technical assistance services on community organizational wellness issues to TSET and its grantees including project planning, research, resource development, information sharing, training development and delivery, and customized consultation services via phone, email and face-to-face.
• Conduct programmatic and strategic planning with grantees in regard to wellness issues and infrastructure development, which includes the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with TSET grantees across Oklahoma in an effort to provide technical assistance and consultation for implementing health policy and programming creating a culture of wellness.
• Provide consultation in the evaluation of the effectiveness of wellness policies and practices; assist in the development of contract related documents and proposals.
• Research and provide consultation on the implementation of evidence based obesity and tobacco use prevention strategies with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity and evaluation.
• Develop and deliver contract reports, presentations and other written materials related to program activities, indicators and outcomes as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of best and/or promising practices in the area of sector-based wellness as it relates to tobacco, physical activity and nutrition; ability to provide outcome-driven technical assistance and consultation to community-based grantees and other partners; good communication skills including an ability to write technical and non-technical informational material; demonstrated ability to build relationships within and outside of the organization; to think critically and to work independently while prioritizing work; project management skills needed for planning and accomplishing goals and objectives; advanced ability to use a personal computer and software including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word, and Project Management programs/software..
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Community Health, Public Health, Nutrition Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Physical Education, Nursing, Public Administration or equivalent. Also a minimum of two years demonstrated experience in health policy work, coordinating technical assistance, training, consultation or program management. A minimum of two years demonstrated experience in tobacco, physical activity or nutrition efforts.
This position has preferred qualifications:
Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Education, Wellness Manager, Social Work, Behavioral Health, Nutrition, Exercise Science, Public Administration or equivalent and/or demonstrated experience in health policy or related areas.
Applicants who demonstrate they possess the minimum qualifications (education and experience requirements) and the preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration during the interview process.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|